Karma Akabane x Male reader

Warnings: none

"(L/n), is something bothering you?"

"No, I'm alright thanks."

Liar.

Nagisa nodded in response and turned back around to focus on the abnormal teacher at the front of the classroom.

There was something bothering you. A pair of eyes. You could practically feel your head start to burn. They were staring, and you knew that.

Finally having your curiosity get the best of you, you snapped your head to lock eyes with the one and only devil in your class. Karma.

He waved and smiled at you.

You slightly shook your hand back at him then turned back around.

'That was weird.' You thought to yourself. You and Karma had never really talked to eachother before. The only time you would talk to eachother would be during class work, small talk at that.

You hung out with Chiba and Hayami all day, everyday. They were your best friend's and you guys didn't stand out as much as the others. Not like that bothered you or anything.

You brushed the tiny communication off as a one off thing and that it can happen to anyone sometimes.

Wait, was there something on your back? Or even worse, your hair!?-

"(L/n) are you alright!?" Asked Koro-sensei in a worried manner, he acted more as your mum than a teacher you admitted.

You had realised you had sweat rolling down your face, it was then you realised that your face felt like a steam room

Gosh don't you get agitated easily.

"M-mhm, can I just open the window..?"

Kaede was one step ahead of you.

You tried to focus on class but you couldn't help but glance behind you to see the Akabane side eyeing you with a cheeky grin.

You thought you were going to die.

---------------------------

Class soon ended and it was time to go home. You approached Chiba to walk home with him like you did everyday, Hayami had left before you to practice some shooting.

"Are you good (M/n)? You seemed a bit off just then in class."

"Yeah I'm fine." You didn't really think it was needed to tell Chiba that you caught Karma staring at you. But you swore you could feel the same mercury eyes on you every now and then. Even now.

"Hey, I think Akabane wants to talk to you." Chiba mentioned.

You didn't dare to look at Karma.

"Hey (L,n)! Karma wants you!" Rio yelled for you.

You finally turned around to see the remaining students leave the room for their home and the one and only red haired teenager leaning on a desk. Staring at you with his glowing eyes.

"I'll go ahead, see you." Chiba began to walk off.

"Wait for me!" You whisper, yelled hoping not to make it obvious and for your friend to hear you. You could only hope because it didn't look like he heard you.

Everyone left and it was now the two of you.

"Is there something you need? I don't have any money on me." From what you knew about Karma, he was a big, mean and scary chap. You knew that he had fought people in the past, heck, he probably had a fight today. So the only thought that came in your mind was that you were going to get beaten, for no reason at all! Which you obviously didn't think was fair.

"Money? Why would I want money? I just wanted to talk to you (M/n)!" He laughed.

'(M/n)? When did I let him call me that? I ain't complaining though-' You quickly blurted to yourself in your head.

But you didn't want to deal with this right now. You were confused, tired and just wanted to go home.

"Ah, okay. Well I'm going to go home now, I feel exhausted after Maths, we can talk tomorrow though!" You replied hoping he would just let it go and oblige.

As you were about to exit the door, your wrist was captured, by a hand not much bigger than your own, and you was quickly twirled and placed with your back hitting the wall in the blink of an eye.

'Yeah, I'm dead.'

"Karma? Something up?" You asked that as if having one hand placed at your chest and the other at your chin was completely normal.

You started right back into  your classmate's eyes not knowing what to do so you just froze.

The boy sighed."Might as well do it." He finally answered.

Just as you were about to scream out for help because you thought you weren't going to see daylight, you were cut off by the red haired boys lips at your own. It was gentle, the complete opposite to how you would describe his personality.

Soon enough, you closed your eyes just because you didn't want it to look awkward in case someone was watching. Now would you believe that? You cared about how the situation looked and not actually caring about what was litterally going on. To be honest, you liked Karma, but at the same time he scared you. Your feelings were complicated.

Sadly, Karma pulled away. You fluttered your eyes back open to be met with a now smirking boy. Out of instinct, you looked away.

"Shy now are we?" He teased

Finally becoming comfortable around him, "Where was the consent, aye?" You shot back with a smug expression.

Karma's mischievous look quickly turned into a flustered mess.

"What happened to 'good afternoon!' Or even 'how are you?'" You said enjoying this new side to Karma you had never seen before.

"A-ah... sorry." He apologized.

You didn't think he would take it seriously. Guess you were a good liar.

Now trying to lift the poor boy's mood up, you gave him a peck on the cheek.

"Let's go! I know somewhere we can eat, but like I said before, I have no money on me so I guess you're paying!" You cheered.

Karma now gaining his confidence back, he pulled out 100 yen. "Ah, well I also don't have money on me, but i picked this out of someone's jeans." He sang out.

Knowing that you had just lied, your hands slapped the back pocket of your school trousers feeling that they were empty.

"Uh... can I see that? Just for research purposes." You said loosing your composure.

Karma held it out in front of you and as you tried to snatch it, in a fast motion not even your eyes could keep up with, he swooped it away.

"Let's go shall we? My treat!"

"W-wait! Karma!" You ran after him.