Scaramouche x Male Reader

Requested by depravedchildren

This was the first time in awhile that Scaramouche finally had time off from all the harbingers work

This was the first time in awhile that Scaramouche finally had time off from all the harbingers work. Now you both can spend some quality time together, and what better way was there to spend time together other than visiting Inazuma?

You had longed to go to Inazuma. From pictures of its sceneries, you knew you had to visit! And because Scaramouche doesn't have any fatui business to attend to, this was the perfect opportunity to go together. Surprisingly, he agreed to come with you first time you asked to go.

"How long left?!" You asked impatiently while gripping onto Scaramouche's sleeve and waving it around. "It's been hours!" You whined.

"Not long left now, (Y/n). Did you expect this trip to be like crossing over a river on a bridge or something?" Scaramouche sarcastically asked.

Mouth slightly agape, you looked at the boy while the said boy was looking at you back with a 'my gosh' type look. Glancing over behind him, you could see the slight outline of purple mountains. It was lowkey kind of blending in with Scaramouche's hair.

"Is that Inazuma?!" You exclaimed while pointing a finger towards what you thought was the location.

Scara turned his head towards the direction of your finger and squinted his eyes. After a bit of observing you turned to you and nodded his head in agreement, "Looks like it." He said.

Finally the boat arrived at Inazuma's docks. You hurried off, already amazed by how Inazuma looks like. The pink cherry blossoms and the natural colour of purple surrounding, pretty much everywhere, felt as though you were on a different planet.
Scaramouche trailed after you, smiling at your amazed state. It had been so long for you guys to spend time like this again.

"Whoa! It looks awesome!" You exclaimed while looking up and down and spinning around, you probably looked like a mad man.
"Yeah, I guess so, but i heard later that the weath-" he was cut off.

"Let's go over there!" You pointed your finger to the direction of woods.

Before Scaramouche could object, you ran straight for the woods, forcing the poor purple haired boy to chase after you.

"Damn, everything here is so nice. I knew it was a good idea to come here!" You proudly state. Meanwhile, your partner was behind you panting, trying to catch his breath.
"You... really need to... stop running off like that." He said in-between breaths.

You looked at him and smiled, hugging his sweaty state,
"No." You hugged tighter.
Scaramouche just squirmed between your arms, trying to free himself. But eventually you let go.

Scaramouche walked up to a tree and sat down under it, trying to find another way to calm himself from all the running. All the while you just hopped and skipped around the same tree, humming a tune for the both of you to listen.

"Berries and cream, berries and cream! I'm a little lad who likes-"

CRASH!

You stopped dead in your tracks.

You slowly turned your head towards Scaramouche, thinking he was the culprit of the sound. You knew he didn't like the song and you would sing it sometimes just to tick him off, but maybe this was the final straw.

As you turned towards Scaramouche, his facial expression was just neutral.
"As I was saying when we first arrived, there is going to be a storm coming." He spoke.

So he wasn't the maker of the sound?

Just as you thought that, heavy rain started to pour. It started to pound on top of you that it was physically pushing you down. You hurried towards Scaramouche and tucked in right next to him, grabbing his arm and gazing into the new scenery.
"Wow... Inazuma's weather is even crazy!" You spoke.

Scaramouche just sighed and leaned towards you , resulting in your heads touching. You were warm to him and he was cold.

Although the situation you guys were currently in wasn't so good, you both still enjoyed each others company. To be honest, the heavy sound of the rain hitting surfaces accompanied by the distant sound of thunder made things calmer. You both found yourselves relaxing.

"Thanks for the umbrella, Scara." You tiredly whispered.

"Umbrella?" He thought about it for a moment... " it's the tree that is sheltering us. Not my 'umbrella'." He empathised.

You just chuckled at his response and kissed him on the cheek, getting more sleepy by the second.

"I'm gonna rest a bit."

"Rest here?-  Fine, I'll wake you up when the weather gets better."

You laid your head on top of his lap, in a position that Scara would be able to see your face. As you slowly but surely dozed off into a sleep, Scaramouche gently tapped your head, making a beat of his own while examining your resting features and slightly smiling to himself. Ever since he met you, he's been so soft.