2020:21-Darkness

Damian had been exactly what she needed in her life. He was her other half and it made her happy; he was her darkness. Her life had changed for the better once he got involved.

Damian helped her open her eyes to the truth around her. The class was using her. They weren't her friends if they demanded things from her. They weren't her friends if they expected her to be loyal to them when they never showed her the same courtesy. Her teacher was abusing her position of authority and trying to lighten her load by using her. Her teacher didn't want to get involved in her student's arguments. She showed more interest in being the friendly teacher that everyone loved.

She could finally say 'NO'.

When her class called her selfish for not going along with their plans, she stood up for herself on why their reasonings were wrong. She no longer did them favors. She no longer reached out to them.

They yelled at her, claiming she was getting worse. They claimed she wasn't the person they knew. They claimed Damian had changed her. They called him 'Her Dark Shadow' and they couldn't have been more right.

Marinette knew her darkness was saving her. Her family knew he was good for her. They were happy to see her being selfish. She could do what she always wanted, as long as her darkness was with her.

Damian had gone with her to the school board to plead her case. They showed them how much her teacher forced her to do, outside of homework. They pleaded about transferring her to another school. He had helped her speak up for herself and demand respect.

The board allowed Marinette to transfer to any school of her choosing. Her parents had signed her up to go with Damian to Gotham Academy. They knew that if he was with her, she could do anything. The board fired Bustier without question. They had looked into everything that she had done during her teaching. It was then that the can of worms, named Lila Rossi, was opened.