2020:26-School

Damian sighed as he took his seat in the Great Hall. The new first years were arriving and would soon be sorted into their houses. He had heard whispers that two known Slytherin households were arriving so there were at least two new students joining. As the hall was filled, he noticed the two right away: Chloe Bourgeois and Kagami Tsurugi.

One by one the students were sorted. He watched as a girl with bright blue eyes and her raven hair, tied in pigtails, walked towards the Sorting Hat.

'How childish. Definitely, Hufflepuff material.'

To his surprise, she was sorted to Slytherin. It seemed the others shared his mindset and she was quickly snubbed for her childlike wonder. Marinette took her seat amongst her housemates. Once the ceremony came to a close, she was soon forgotten.

Over the weeks, he had noticed her laughing joyfully with the other houses. Marinette was studious in her spells and was quick to help others, if they needed it.

'Perhaps the Sorting Hat made a mistake.'

It only pissed him off more when he learned that their Garden Snake fell for a Gryffindor Fledgling named Adrien Agreste. As if it wasn't bad enough, Chloe and Kagami liked him, as well. Damian didn't get what the big deal was. He understood that Chloe had known Agreste his whole life and Kagami had been introduced shortly before school began, but what was Marinette's reasoning? Damian hated him on sight: he smiled at everything, he was naïve, he seemed to ignore friends until they needed him most. He didn't see the appeal. To him, it only furthered his thinking that Marinette was never meant to be in the Slytherin Den.

After Christmas Break, the returning Slytherins were introduced to a new snake: Lila Rossi. Lila had charmed just about everyone during the break. It was only when she began to charm the returnees, that everything went wrong. She noticed that she didn't have everyone's attention. Some of the girls giggled and walked away. Another rolled her eyes and left. She knew she had to act fast to get her target: Damian Wayne.

Lila attempted to cozy up to him. She offered to bring him drinks and snacks. She offered to help him study. None of it worked.

Damian slammed his book shut and growled out, "I don't need or want some bitch trying to gain my family name. Apparently, you can't take a hint; fuck off and stay away from me!"

The dormitory went silent as he stood up and went to his room. Chloe immediately began to laugh.

"I told you she was after him. And with those ridiculous lies of hers, who would ever want her." the Bourgeois heiress cackled, "Claiming to be my cousin, the goddaughter of the Minister of Magic? Claiming to be a descendant of Harry Potter? She couldn't keep a story straight to save a life."

Lila ran to her room as the rest of the Slytherin Den began to laugh. She needed a new plan. Damian Wayne was obviously off the table, but who? Lila immediately began to look for her second best option and found Adrien Agreste was coveted by most of her age group.

'Perfect.'

The only problem she had was Marinette Dupain-Cheng. It was known throughout her grade that she harbored feeling for the Agreste heir, except by Adrien. Many of their grade hoped they would get together, calling them the 'perfect couple that would be'.

Lila was quick to spread rumors to the other houses about how Marinette 'really' was inside their House. She told them how Marinette was rude and mean to her. That Marinette had kicked her off her bed because apparently it was her favorite spot in the dorms to relax. She told them how Marinette made the other Slytherins help her to her work to make sure she passed her classes. She told them how much worse Marinette got once she learned that she also liked Adrien.