2023:21-Something Good Coming

Jon and Damian sat at their usual seat in the cafeteria. Jon was looking at his phone and laughing.

"What?" demanded Damian.

"Something good is coming your way." Jon stated with a smile.

"Is it my brothers in their own home?" the Wayne heir asked.

"Nope." Jon said, broadening his smiled, "Love."

Marinette was looking for a place to sit in her new school. She had hard she could take her food outside and was heading towards the exit, when she heard two boys talking about love.

"Love is a waste of time, money, and there is only so many times you can look at someone, before you want to punch them." She interrupted.

Jon looked at her in shock.

"Please, sit." Damian offered.

Marinette scrunched up her nose and started turning back towards the exit door.

"I agree!" Damian exclaimed, "I have never met anyone who shares my opinion."

Marinette turned back and looked towards his friend. He immediately scooted over and smiled.

"Who broke your heart?" Jon asked.

"I know I left two broken hearts in Paris." Marinette declared.

"Why?" Jon questioned.

"They couldn't understand that I want bigger things than to be a stay at home mom." Mari grumbled, "They both seemed nice at first, but they also wanted to do their own things and have me take care of kids. Don't get me wrong; I love kids, but I don't want them any time soon."

"What do you want then?" Damian inquired.

"I'm a fashion designer." She answered, "I already have several clients."

Damian nodded, "My family is in business so I am knowledgeable on how distant and hard it is for family to be together during certain events. Something always comes up."

"My family are reporters." Jon declared.

"So, if I say I can't ell you anything?" Marinette prodded.

"We would not press." Damian stated.

"Finally, someone who understands!" Marinette smiled, excited.

Jon laughed, "Damian's family is full of 'shut up and look the other way'."

Marinette giggled, "I come from a family of bakers. I love them, but they are expressive and pressing."

"How pressing?" Damian asked.

"I brought a boy home, at fourteen, to do homework. We had a paired project. Papa invited him for breakfast the next day. There was heart shaped everything and he asked how he felt about kids."

Jon started laughing. Damian just stared at her in shock.

"I don't think I ever talked to that kid, again." Mari said, shaking her head at the memory.

"I think our families would get along, perfectly." Jon smiled.

Marinette just rolled her eyes and started eating her food.

At the end of the day, Damian sat in his car, thinking of Marinette. Something good had come his way; a new friend.

'Jon's weird app had predicted someone new. Although, it mentioned love. We did meet because we spoke about love and how frivolous it is. Perhaps, that is what it meant.'

Neither, he nor Marinette, knew what lay ahead.