Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Thirteen

Rubbing my eyes I reach over and grab my phone off my nightstand. I squint at the brightness for a second before flopping back down against my pillows.

Will.

I wait a few minutes for another text to come in, scrolling through various apps on my phone, but end up sighing when none comes. I push my covers back before getting up to change for my run. After throwing my hair up into a ponytail, I slip on a fleece headband, some gloves, and my sneakers. Then as I'm walking out the door my phone beeps again.

You.

I furrow my eyebrows at the screen, but then shove my ear buds into my ears and stuff my phone in my sweatshirt pocket. I take my usual route around the perimeter of campus. Wisps of hair fly out of my ponytail and I have to constantly push them back with my glove covered hands. My breath comes out in white puffs in front of me as I continue to run through them, each step in sync with my heartbeat. I turn the corner heading back to the girl's dorm building. Then stopping in front of the door, I let out a breath, slowing my heart rate back down. After pushing open the door I pull out my head phones and another text flashes across my phone screen.

Be.

I shake my head and walk into my dorm still seeing Stephanie lying in her bed scrolling through her phone. She gives me a little wave as I grab my shower bag and robe heading to the bathroom on our floor. After showering I go back to my dorm and see Stephanie's bed vacated which means she went to the student lounge to get coffee. Throwing on a sweatshirt and some jeans, I sit back down on my bed shaking my wet hair with my hand. Unlocking my phone another text comes in.

My.

I hear a knock on the door and I wait a few seconds thinking I imagined it, but then remembering Stephanie went out, I go over to answer it.

"I don't know why you don't just—" I start as I open the door, but then stop seeing Trent standing there holding a starburst package with the word valentine scrawled out in thick black marker across the label. Trent grins at me and I open and close my mouth, the word 'yes' caught in my throat, but before I can say anything Trent yanks me forward and into his chest. He wraps his arms around me and nuzzles his head into the crook of my neck.

"Mmm...Vanilla." He mumbles and I smile against his chest. After a few seconds he finally pulls back and hands me the rectangular candy package. "So I was thinking..." He strides past me and into the room.

"Sure, come on in," I mumble causing him to turn around and send me a grin.

"Nice place you go here by the way." He glances around before plopping down on my bed. He lies back with his hands folded behind his head, his legs stretched out, and only his sneaker covered feet dangling off the side.

I raise my brow. "Um, that's Steph's bed."

"Oh crap!" He leaps up, panic etching across his entire face, and I burst into laughter.

"I'm kidding." I smile and He sends me a mock glare, wagging his finger.

"See, I do know you." He sits back down on my bed tracing the teal, floral comforter with his finger. I guess judging by Stephanie's light pink one it's easy to tell who's whose. "Anyway," Trent sighs leaning back on his hands while I rip open the pack of starbursts. "I want to take you somewhere."

"Oh do you, now?" I inquire throwing an orange starburst at him because they're my least favorite. I wish I could say I like all starburst equally because they're my favorite candy, but sadly I don't.

"Yes, I do," he grins picking up the starburst and I go over and sit down next to him. "I actually have a place in mind." I nod chewing on a strawberry starburst, trying hard not to get it stuck in my teeth before swallowing.