Chapter Sixteen

Chapter Sixteen

I'm not entirely sure how this happened.

I mean one minute Trent and I were just hanging out in his dorm watching a movie, but then the next minute... we're making out.

Now I can't really say I'm opposed to it. The only thing I'm really concerned about is the fact that his laptop has been pushed down by our feet, so I just hope we don't knock it off the bed.

I run my hands up Trent's neck and into the ends of his hair as his lips continue to move against mine. He's hovering over me, propped up on his arms, completely cocooning me in his warmth. I trail my hands down to his shoulders and skim them down his biceps all the while feeling his muscles strain underneath my fingertips most likely from holding himself up. I worry for a second if he needs a break just so he can relax his muscles, but Trent shifts, deepening the kiss further, and all my thoughts seem to disappear into thin air. I point my toes, stretching them, as my hands find the sides of his cheeks. His skin is soft, having most likely shaved, but it's still incomparable to his lips.

Bringing my hands back down, I rest them on Trent's chest, and feel his heartbeat steadily drumming underneath my finger tips. That seems to only drive my own heart beat to pound faster as it continues to echo in my ears. My hands continue to venture down on their own accord because I'm finding that part of me has no idea where to put them and another part of me just can't seem to sit still. Warmth sears the tips of my fingers when they come into contact with Trent's stomach and I barely have time to even decide whether, or not his shirt was ridden up, or I put them there myself because before I know it his shirts up and over his head. My stomach flutters now seemingly completely wrapped up in him and I almost smile at the thought.

Instead I find all the heat trapped between us traveling to my cheeks and I finally pull back needing to breathe. Trent only groans in protest as he turns his head and skims his nose along the side of my cheek and down my neck.

"Trent!" I squirm because despite the slightly intense situation I'm still ticklish and this only makes him smile against my neck.

"Put on some clothes you filthy animals!" The door bursts open and Zack walks in.

He blocks his view of us with his arm and I quickly sit up, forcing Trent to sit up in order to prevent from receiving a bloody nose from the impact of my head. Zack goes over to their closet and digs through it for a second before turning to us. He looks at me, then at shirtless Trent, then back at me, before finally pulling the bright red sweatshirt over his head. Although I'm suddenly cold, now in my own air space, I still find that my cheeks are burning, not helping me feel any less flustered. I look down at my hands finally aware of Trent's eyes as well as Zack's as he laughs and walks back over to the door.

"I'm just kidding, go crazy ya lovebirds!" The door slams shut declaring his exit and I suck in a breath, feeling as if I'm finally allowed to breathe again.

I look back over at Trent, meeting his eyes, before darting my gaze down to his stomach for second, and then back up again. A grin stretches across his lips and I look away because I know I put it there before getting up from the bed.

"Um, I guess I should go," I say as I quickly slip my boots back on.

"What? Wait," Trent stands up as well, "but we didn't finish the movie."

"It's okay." I wave my hand at him and glance around to make sure I have everything just as his phone starts ringing, but he ends the call before even checking who it was. "You could've answered that." My mouth spits out the words while my brain seems to still be too preoccupied with the fact that I'm standing here like an awkward mess now, but only moments before I was completely wrapped up and careless.

Potentially You and Me (Two Truths and a Lie)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara