Chapter 43

I was absolutely stunned. My brain couldn't process what just happened. He's never been like that with me. I feel like crying, however, I also feel like picking up the log I'm sat on and hitting him in the head with it for being so rude

After ages of processing what just happened my ass was sore from sitting for so long so I got up to find Sebastian.  I spot him stiff with a Group of girls (of course) so I go over to him

"Hey seb, can we talk?" Instantly all the girls eyes fix on me, they look angry at me for taking his attention away from their desperate sorry asses.

"What's up angel?" He says distancing us from the group

"Have you seen Avery, he got a little mad at me and stormed off but I can't find him"

"oh shit, you guys never argue. Are you alright em?" And hugged me and I can tell you I needed that

"I really don't know, he yelled at me seb" I felt my eyes glaze over and Sebastian hold me tighter

"alright alright angel let's go find him. I've never met anyone closer than you two. You can sort this out"  this is something I love about Sebastian. He knows how to cope with me, he knows how to talk to me and how to deal with my emotions.

We walked around the whole beach, looked absolutely everywhere. Sebastian even rang him and he wouldn't pick up. Maybe he went back to the hotel?

We decided to go up and check the house as there was people chilling in there from the party. We searched around and finally entered the kitchen. We walked in and saw a drunk couple making out and quickly left. But it wasn't a drunk couple. I did a double take and found myself staring at my best fries Avery clumsily kissing some random ass girl.

wtf am I right ?

His hands were going all over her body as they made out pushed against the kitchen counter. I watched and I felt angry, I felt sad.

Sebastian who was next to me cleared his through and said Avery's name ins a low disappointed tone. He pulled away from the girl and looked around. His eyes fixed on me and he quickly sobered up, he looked sad and full of regret

"What are you doing?" I was shocked and quiet and upset and angry. A whole load of emotions.

"Em, baby. I'm sorry...I don't want you to see me like this. But I can't deal with what you told me" I looked at the ground my eyes filling with tears and ran out the house. Luckily the hotel was close so i ran home.

Although it felt like this day had lasted forever, surprising it was only 9:30pm yet I felt like I'd been up for an eternity.

I sat in the lobby of the hotel for a while just thinking when someone stood in front of me. I saw Avery.

I stood up and he pulled me to the side "I'm so fucking sorry"

I looked at the ground. I felt guilty that I've done this to him. That I made him feel this way.

"Em I love you but I can't do this. Your my best friend but hearing you tell me what you did filled me with rage. I love you more than I friend and tho I try to push the feelings back I just can't. Your truly the most perfect girl and the thought of you with anyone else, with sawyer of all people fills me with jealousy. I'd never do anything to jeopardise our friendship but I had to say this. I want you Emerson"

whaaaaaa.

I'm so confused right now. This makes no sense. He can't like me like that. He's my best friend, I need him in my life.

"Avery I-" before I had chance to say a word he grabbed my face and kissed me. He held me close and his lips touched mine. It felt like the first time we kissed. But It I don't know if it felt right.

Just as I was about to pull away and stop this from happening I hear my name

"Emerson?" I heard a smooth, deep voice say. I knew that voice. Sawyer.

I looked to my left to see not only Sawyer but all of the Cassidy's staring at me but I only cared about sawyer. He looked shocked, sad, hurt, upset, angry. I saw pain in his eyes.

"Sawyer that wasn't what it looked like" i said quietly, definitely confusing the whole family with my words

"What the fuck Emerson, I knew this wasn't a good idea" he stormed off and up the stairs I'm assuming to his room.

I looked behind me to see my best friend no longer standing there and I felt alone.

"Emerson honey!! I've missed you so much" Holly said wrapping her arms around me, acting oblivious to what just happened.

One by one the boys hugged me and told me 'hi', that they missed me and happy late birthday. The last Cassidy to hug me was Chris. omg did I need Chris Rn.

"Hey Sweetheart. Wanna come to my room to talk about whatever the fuck I just witnessed?" I nodded and without saying a word we walked to his room.

The door shut and I started crying my eyes out. I immediately felt Chris wrap his arms around me and pull me close.

"I've ruined everything. This had ruined everything" I just know that I'm not going to be able to stop myself from blubbering my way through this explanation. Let's do this.

"I-i decided to tell Avery about Sawyer and I because he's my best friend but when it old him he yelled at me telling me it wasn't right then I found him drunk and making out with random girl which for some reason hurt me a lot. When we got back to the hotel he confessed he had feeling for me and then kissed me and I was trying to pull away but Sawyer! He saw and he's gonna think the worst of me" tear where rolling down my cheeks and I looked at Chris who smiled at me gently

"There is nothing you could do to lose Sawyer, he's crazy about you. He might be mad but he'll come around and as for Avery he pulled a dick move but he loves you Em and despite what you may think loving you is not a hard thing to do. Your amazing. You've got a lot to think about but I think you need to go and see sawyer, set things right" wow that alone made me wanna cry harder than ever. This family loves me. I've so many people who love me for me and I don't want to lose that.

I dried my eyes and made myself look mildly presentable. Like maybe if you squinted or just like shut your eyes completely I'd look kind of okay.

Off I go to Sawyers room...