Chapter 1

6 hours....

That's how long I have been lead on my bed, staring at the ceiling, waiting for someone to come get me.

6 hours is how long it's been since my father was arrested for abusing me. 6 hours I've been alone to deal with the pain.

Knock knock knock

I am interrupted from my staring by someone knocking on the front door of my crappy 2 story home, in a serious need of a new coat of paint.

I trudged down the stairs and opened the door, stood there was a gorgeous woman, maybe in her 40s, she was wearing a black knee length dress with heels and a blazer, she had straight blond hair that stopped at the shoulders and pretty blue eyes, she looked to expensive to be in my neighbourhood, so why is she here?

"Hi, you must be Emerson, wow I haven't seen you since you where about 2 years old, look at you your gorgeous" gleamed the unknown woman who had now made her way into my house.

"Thankyou?" I said more of a question, still confused at what was going on, who is this woman?

"Oh sorry hun how rude of me, I'm Holly Cassidy, a friend of your Mother's" she said holding out her hand for me to shake, which I did.

"Not to be rude Mrs Cassidy but why we you here?" I said quite bluntly

"Oh Hun please call me Holly, and I'm here because of your father, you see I have know you parents since high school and we promised to look after you if anything ever happened" she explained sympathetically

"So what does that mean exactly?" I asked Holly

"You will be coming to live with me and my family, and we are leaving in the morning" she said hastily

"What? I can leave, I have school and friends and what about my father?" I was starting to panic,

"Honey I think a fresh start would be good for you, you can keep in contact with your friends and as for school you will be attending Dixon Highschool near our house" she explained rubbing my shoulder.

I flinched under her touch, did she know about what he did? She obviously noticed me flinch "oh hun I'm sorry, are you okay, I completely forgot about what he's done to you?" Yep she knew!

"I'm fine, used to it, I can just be a little flinch because of it and my anxiety as well" I explained.

She frowned at me "Right go get packed, and get some rest so we can set off early tomorrow, we only live about 5 hours away and we will be taking a jet, but I want to give you time to settle, I'll be back at 6:30am, love ya hun" and with that she left the way she came leaving me stood in the hallway... overwhelmed.

I trudged back up the stairs and packed anything of significance to me, photos, books, jewellery, mr fluffy(my teddy), my weed and various other bits into a small-ish suitcase, got into my PJs and drifted off into a dreamless sleep.

Beep beep beep

6:30am in the morning and I had to be up, in a few minutes I was going to be whisked away from everything and everyone I've ever know to start a new life with a bunch of strangers.

I got up, had a shower then went and got changed into this;