Chapter 12

"Phew", you exhaled sharply and combed your curled hair with your fingers. It's been hell of a struggle to organize the company dinner for the last five days.

You got so caught up in finding the perfect location and the right catering service that you almost forgot to get ready yourself let alone buy a gown for the evening.

But you managed everything and you were quite proud of yourself. You did a good job. However, it didn't help against the nervousness.

You didn't know what awaited you and it scared you, a lot.

Either way you had to get going now or else you might be late for the dinner you've been busy setting up.

You left your apartment throwing a last look at yourself in the mirror and then took a cab to the location.

While sitting in the taxi, you looked outside at the passing streets and had to smile to yourself because of the irony. Thanks to one cab ride you met him. You didn't know where your relationship was going but you were ready for it. You never felt this way before. You never trusted someone so much to just let go of everything and let things happen.

You sighed relieved as you arrived in time and paid the driver before you got out.

You inhaled deeply and followed all the dressed up guests inside. You had to pull yourself together to not gasp at how beautiful the place looked.

Of course, you had chosen the decoration and the lights, but now that the guests had arrived and they were laughing and chattering, it had such a magical glow. You let your gaze wander and mentally patted yourself on the back.

"You can be proud of yourself, sweetheart", a deep voice sounded behind you and the next second you felt someone wrapping their strong arms around your waist.

You jolted a bit not being used to the way he showed affection towards you in public.

"Thank you, Jungkook", you said quietly carefully placing your hands over his forearms while you heart beat fast, "don't you think-"

"Stop worrying, honey", he mumbled and turned you around so you'd face him, "everything will be fine. By the way, you look beautiful tonight."

"Thank you", you blushed and looked to the ground.

"So beautiful that I'd rather eat you than the food from the buffet", he said making your head shoot up to glare at him.

"Shh, what if someone hears you?", you hissed just wanting to wipe off the smug grin from his face.
"I'm just joking", he said chuckling and pulled you closer.

"I deserve a raise", you scoffed frowning. "Stop talking now or you won't be getting any tonight", he said gripping you by your waist firmly and shut you up with a steamy kiss before you could open your mouth to complain.

It was hard to break the kiss but eventually you ran out of air and pulled away checking if anyone saw you practically making out.

"You have to stop flirting now, Jeon Jungkook", you scolded him taking his hands off you, "what if your parents see us. That would be so embarrassing."

"Oh, speaking of the devil there they are", he gestured towards the back of the hall and you sighed. Now the time has come.

"They will like you, I promise", he said placing his hand on your lower back for comfort. You nodded gulping and let him lead you to them.

"Oh, good evening. I heard you are the brilliant woman who made this fabulous dinner", his mother warbled as soon as she spotted you walking towards them.

"It's not that fabulous", you said chuckling and shook both their hands, "I'm y/l/n Y/n."

"Nice to meet you", his father said smiling at you ever so warmly, "where did my son find such a humble assistant?"

"Oh, I'm not-", you wanted to explain but you were interrupted by Jungkook.

"Mum, Dad", he said with sparkling eyes, "Y/n is my girlfriend."

"Oh.. really?", his mum said and you noticed how her smile faded, just for a second before she laughed brightly again. But you could feel how the atmosphere tensed up.

"Well, that's.. great news", his father said patting Jungkook's shoulder, "son, I need to talk to you about something important."

"Oh yes, excuse me", you said smiling politely happy that you could escape the situation.

"I'll catch you later", Jungkook said and you nodded. You bowed and headed to the restroom.

You sighed deeply and freshened up a little. You could do this. You just caught his parents off guard, they didn't expect this, that's why they reacted like that.

You practiced your smile in front of the mirror and walked out. You bumped harshly into someone and stumbled backwards.

"I'm s-", you wanted to apologise but you were met with an angry face.

"YOU!", she screamed pointing at you. You blinked surprised and stepped back, "you are a disgrace to your whole family!"

"You whore", she yelled furiously and you gasped at her choice of words, "what do you think you are doing?"

"Whoa, excuse me. Do we know each other?", you asked shocked. You were really scared of her, she might have confused you with somebody.

"Oh, you don't know who I am, hm?", she asked taking a step closer towards you, "well, I'll tell you."

You didn't know that what she was going to say would crush your world, but your happiness had to end eventually, right?

"I'm your boyfriend's future wife!", she screamed and violently ripped off the sleeve of your dress.