Eighteen // I Think It's Called Love.

{Harry's POV}

I didn't intend to but the night before Monday, I accidentally called Louis when I thought I successfully sent my message to him, and he beat me to the chase and picked up before I could stop the call from going through. But I don't regret it at all, because it actually made my night. We talked for a good two hours before I noticed Louis yawning like crazy.

"Go ahead and sleep Lou." I chuckle to myself, amused at Louis on the verge of falling asleep. It was like telling a little kid it's their bedtime.

"I'm not tired Harry what are you talking about? You're the one who's tired." His groggy but whiny voice carried through the phone, but I didn't mind. It was cute. I had to admit I was getting sleepy myself but I didn't want fall asleep on Louis. Besides, I enjoyed hearing his voice. I started to close my eyes just for a minute and I began imagining Louis lying next to me, cuddling into my side, and occasionally looking up at me, checking if I was still awake, with my arm around him, keeping him close, his scent and warmth radiating off his petite body.

"Hey curly wake up. I've been repeating your name for like two minutes." I could tell he was pouting on the other line, which was adorable just to think about.

I fluttered my eyes open, feeling my cheeks grow warm. "Oops, sorry man. I couldn't help it." I tried to sound innocent but Louis didn't let me off the hook.

"Sing me a lullaby." He demanded softly, right in my ear. His groggy sounding voice was so soothing to me.

"Mmmkay Louis. Whatever your little heart desires." I slurred, almost half-asleep. "But what do you want me to sing?"

"Good question." I let him figure out what song in the blissful silence, and right when I decided to close my eyes yet again, he exclaimed, "Little Bird!"

A grin made its way across my lips as Louis mentioned that song. I was actually quite fond of it, let alone Ed Sheeran. I feel a sudden rush of nervousness come over me, but as I cleared my throat, just about to sing, Louis chimed in.

"Ohhh." He mimics the first lyric of the song, just as perfect as Ed sang it. The nerves disappeared instantly, and I was surprised at how beautiful and magical his voice sounded within that moment. I inhaled and I continued the lyrics from there.

"If we take this bird in with its broken leg

We could nurse it, she said

Come inside for a little lie down with me

If you fall asleep it wouldn't be the worst thing

But when I wake up, your make-up is on my shoulder

And tell me, if I lie down

Would you stay now, and let me hold you?

But if I kiss you, will your mouth read this truth?

Darling, how I miss you, strawberries taste how lips do

And it's not complete yet, mustn't get our feet wet

'Cause that leads to regret, diving in too soon

And I'll owe it all to you... my little bird."

I slowed down the tempo to create that lullaby effect, put feeling into some of the words because I was singing to the person I falling for, obviously, and I just wanted to hint at how I felt, because I'm not sure if I'll ever be ready to express my feelings toward him.. in any other way. I'm scared of what he'd think. What would happen to us after and if I do?

Louis let me sing through the whole entire song without saying a word. I was worried he might've fallen asleep but as my voice faded away in concern, assuming he might have, he reassured me seconds later.