Seventeen // Just Needs A Little Convincing.

{Louis' POV}

Besides the fact I shrieked in front of the guy I massively fancy, everything about this moment was perfect and right. But he didn't laugh; he did what I never thought he'd do. Harry reacted by wrapping his arms around my waist, pulling me close to him. I felt so protected, I would never want to leave his side, or else the whole world would seem dangerous within every waking moment without him. I cowered and clung to Harry's chest like a startled child, gripping onto his coat arm tightly, and I could faintly hear his heart beat speeding up, although it was long after the lightening and thunder had gone away. I looked up at him with fear, then instantly lost myself in his emerald green eyes. I couldn't bring myself to look away, and if I did, I swore I would've missed something great.

I can't do this anymore. I can't keep my feelings locked up inside like this any longer. I need to tell him, I'm in love with him. I have been. I never fell out, I've fallen for him more and more each day- Oh why don't you do it now?! This is the perfect moment, you're never going to have a chance like this again. He clearly feels something from you and you know it. Do it now.

...But what if he doesn't actually feel what I feel, like all of this is just how he acts with people when he becomes friends with him although the relationship is totally platonic?

Oh shut up Louis! You know there's a special connection between you too. Take a damn chance why won't you?!

As I finished my internal battle with myself, and Harry's eyes began to look confused, I opened my mouth, building up the courage to confess Harry everything. But the familiar ringing of my phone completely cut me off.

Aww, come ON! Is the universe trying to tell me something?! I was filled with so much rage at that moment, but I attempted to stay as calm as I could. I stepped away from him and Harry's arms let me go, and I immediately felt unsafe. I huffed, and closed my eyes like I was in such pain. The missed call icon glowed on my phone screen through my pocket, and I swear I was going to give the person calling me a... light punch in the face. I checked it real quick; it was Zayn. I'll call him asap on why I should still be best mates with him after what he just interrupted.

"I'll see you on Monday, okay Harry." I stated with a noticeable, unhappy tone in my voice.

I faced away from him, walking up toward my door. It pained me to just walk away from him like this. I turned the key in the lock and allowed my myself inside. Before closing the door completely, I glanced back at where Harry and I were standing in the walkway, surprised to see Harry still standing there, looking almost crushed, but I exactly couldn't tell in the dim light of the evening sky. I gulped, feeling the utmost guilty. 

What was that all about Louis! You didn't have to let the phone distract you from what you needed to do?!

I just couldn't do it okay? I know I should've but I let it be an excuse because what if I shouldn't do it? I don't want to risk losing him.

You won't, don't you understand that?

He met his eyes with mine one last time, like he waiting for me to walk back to me. In another world I might have, I'm such a chicken I know.

"Goodnight Harry." I called out to him sincerely with a sad smile on my face. As slowly shut the door, I rested my head against it and gazed through the window, watching Harry drag his feet to his car and drive away into the night. I repeatedly hit my forehead against the solid surface in front of me with closed eyes, out of pure frustration.

"Um, Louis? Are you okay?" A small high pitched voice asked me.

I lift my head off the door and faced toward the voice. I found Daisy standing at the very last step of the staircase in front of me, one of her toys dangling from her hand and her eyes filled with concern, although she had no idea why I was upset nor would she understand.