One // Hopelessly Dreaming.

{Louis' POV}

"Oh man! Louis are you alright?!"

I suddenly find myself on the ground, and I wince at the pain I now feel on my forehead. I slowly realize that I ran into someone as we were both hurrying to our next class; them going into the opposite direction. I look up to see my friend, Terrance with a concerned look on his face with his hand extended out towards me.

"I'm alright Terr, I just didn't see you. I guess I got distracted." I say, grabbed onto his hand and he pulls me up gently to stand.

"You sure you're okay? I'm so sorry." Terrance asked, gingerly letting go of my hand.

"Don't worry. I'm still in one piece and that's all that matters." I laugh, trying to ignore the pain. I pick up what I assume was his textbook that caused it, and hand it over to him.

"Thanks mate. Well I'll see you at lunch. Sorry again!" He fumbles with the rest of his stuff and rushes away.

I wave at him and continue down the hallway, to my history class. It's usually a good time in that class anyway, especially because I have Zayn, my one and only partner in crime, my best friend. I can always count on to cheer me up or boost up my confidence.

As I open the door to my classroom, I see some people sitting on top of their desks, others on their phones out, and various, audible conversations occurring throughout the room. Looks like our teacher is also running late today. I hear a bunch of laughter coming from the back and right away I see Zayn smiling while talking to the classmates near him as he looked up and met my eyes.

"Louis!" He exclaims. Zayn jumps up from his chair and makes his way toward me down the aisle. "Finally! I was wondering when you'd get here," He playfully slaps me on the back and puts an arm around me.

I smile at that. "Well I'm here now, I'm sorry you had to wait for me. I ran into Terrance while he was carrying his books, literally running into him and it took me awhile to recover."

"Really?" Zayn searches my face for any bruises. "Ooh, it's a little red right there mate." He pokes my forehead lightly but I still felt the pain.

"Aw man, you're right... oww." I squint my eyes and rub the spot he poked at.

"You want ice or something?"

"Nah, I'll be alright." I lied.

"Where's the teacher anyway?" I tried changing the subject.

"No clue, maybe he stepped out and lost track of time, but c'mon we better get to the others, you know, our friends?" Zayn spoke slowly, as we both walk to our seats, which fortunately were right next to each others.

"Zayn, I got hit by a book, but not hard enough to lose my memory." I chuckle at his stupidity.

"Hey, just making sure." He replied as he walked backwards and taking his place sloppily in his chair.

I took my seat and joined into the conversation with the other lads that Zayn left when he greeted me by the door. Just then, I heard someone else enter the room, and I involuntarily glanced up and caught sight of who it was.

Harry Styles.

I felt my heart skip a beat like it always does when I see him. I drowned out Zayn and the others' voices; I just couldn't take my eyes off of that boy. His brunette, mess of curls that didn't just get the girls attention; that plain white low cut T-shirt that hugs his torso just right.. and tight enough to see his near muscular structure. And his beautiful green eyes that I only see for like a millisecond when he casually looks around the room like anyone does, or if I happen to pass by him in the hall.

I watch Harry as he makes his way to his desk, doing handshakes with the people down the aisle of his row and finally sits down. He takes off the beanie he was wearing, fixes his hair, shakes his head and brushes his hair out of his eyes. I gotta admit, I find his hair flip extremely attractive.

I roll my eyes at the sight of the two girls that approached his desk right then; they pretty much do that every day just to flirt with him. I confess I'm jealous of how they can actually be able to speak to him, while I sit here, with every passing day, hoping that maybe one day he'd say more than just a simple "hi".

I attempted to refocus my attention away from them and slip back into conversation with Zayn and the others. Soon enough, I noticed Mr. Taylor walked in, greeting us to officially start class. It didn't help that Harry sat in my line of sight where our teacher stood, so my eyes wavered back and forth from him when I tried to listen to Mr. Taylor.

I shrunk down in my seat a little, embarrassed how I could fancy someone who doesn't even know I exist. And no one has the slightest clue about my small predicament.. except for Zayn. My best friend gives me a worried look and mouths the words, "What's wrong?"

"Nothing." I mouth back.

Zayn shakes his head in disbelief, looks around the room and points at Harry from underneath his desk.

"Him?" he mouthed, with eyebrows raised.

A disappointed smile forms on my lips as I nod, and glance at Harry yet again. I lay my head on my desk, frustrated. We're just too different from each other. I'm not sure he even likes guys but I've only ever seen him flirting with girls. He's barely given me the time of day even though we've had at least one class together each year, and this year -- our senior year -- is no different. Man, I'd literally do anything to catch his attention for once.

Mr. Taylor rambled on and on about what occurred between the thirteen colonies and Britain during the 1800s, putting a lot of enthusiasm into his words. It was quite unbearable and a bit irritating to me, so I resorted to doodling in my notebook just to pass time. Zayn gave me a note that once I opened it, it had me burst out laughing a tad too loud, causing most people to snap their heads back toward me and him, with annoyed expressions on their faces.

"Is there something you'd like to share Louis?" Mr. Taylor stared me down and smiled at me at the same time. Zayn bit his lip and fought with every will in his body to stop laughing like I was.

"Oh nope, nothing. Sorry, just carry on." I cough to break the silence.

I felt less tense as all eyes turn back toward the whiteboard. I swear, I don't know if it was just me or Harry made eye contact with me, smirked and was the last one to turn away. I smiled like an idiot after noticing this and hoped no one saw me get all giddy.

Zayn nudged me and grinned widely at me. Of course Zayn notices my little moments like this. He always does. I nudge him right back and tussled his hair, and he automatically tried to fix it back in place. I know he takes awhile to perfect his hairstyle in the morning, and it always looks great, but it's fun to mess it up a bit.

I was so relieved when the bell rang to go to our next class. Me and Zayn were always the last ones to leave the classroom, but that wasn't the case today. I noticed Harry was taking his time and had to carry a handful of books but he wasn't struggling at all. Zayn walked in front of me and was already out the door as Harry and I were both heading toward the door at the same time. I held my breathe and right then he accidentally dropped one of his books. He sighed with frustration, slapped his hand against his face, and was about to bend down to grab it. I hesitated at the last second and decided to step in.

~