Two // For The First Time.

"Oh, I got it." I bend down I grab the book before he could. Harry met my eyes with a hint of confusion, but then he just smiled.

"Thanks." He started to say as he took the book out of my hand that I held out for him. "Louis, right?"

"Yep, that's me. The only Louis around here." I nervously laugh and I fought the urge not to slap myself at that moment. Although I swore to myself I would later.

"Ahh, well Louis," I have never heard him say my name, ever, and I already loved the way he said it, "I'll see ya around." he smiled at me again and he walked out the door. I stood there frozen for a second, and I had to forcefully move my legs toward the door. I heard him say hi to Zayn outside the classroom. Wow.. Zayn probably overheard how lame I acted not that long ago. I got distracted yet again and I didn't realize as I was in the middle of the doorway, the door was a few inches away, closing in on my face. Before I knew it, my face grew more sore and a weak "Oww" came from my mouth.

"Damnit... Not again," I say angrily, covering my whole face with my left hand and slowly feeling the doorknob with my right. I thought made sure the door was wide open this time, I'm gonna need to get some ice later. Once I made my way out the classroom, I saw Zayn leaned against the wall with crossed arms, smirking at me.

"Smooth move Tommo. first you finally got to talk to the guy you've been ever since what -- freshmen, sophomore year? Then you get hit, smack dab in the face." He clapped his hands together for emphasis.

"Shut up Malik." I glare at him through squinted eyes. "Or you'll suffer with me and get hit smack dab in the face also."

"Sorry Lou." he raised his hands in defense and laughed one last time I started walking away, still keeping my hand on my face, annoyed. Zayn caught up and laid a hand on my shoulder.

"Anyway, I'm proud of you. You finally saw an opportunity and took it. Maybe the next step for you is you could get his number or something? Or stir up a real conversation next time you see him?"

"I  don't know man, that was just a one time thing. I bet we won't say another word to each other after today."

"Only if you think that way." Zayn rubs my back in a comforting gesture. "Let's just get you some ice before we head to science." I nod, letting Zayn lead me to the nurse's office nearby.

My mind just keeps replaying my encounter with Harry, but I know he's probably gonna forget my name if I see him again. But what if this is a sign that this is a chance for me to at least become friends with him? I'm not sure if I can handle that, being friend zoned and keeping my feelings inside, but I'm so tired of being strangers.

~ ~

{Harry's POV}

I'm finally able to breathe as me and everyone else were let out of psychology class as our strict teacher had lectured us for an extra two minutes about.. I actually couldn't remember because I was busy blocking him out and not caring. My next class was history and it was on the upper floor.

As I made it to my class, and through the door, the condition of the classroom didn't surprise me. Everybody was conversing amongst each other, laughing, messing around. I caught a paper ball that flew in my direction, grasped it tightly and threw it hard at the back of my friend Liam's head, who was sitting on his desk in the front row. I saw him wince as he realized he got hit.

Liam cluelessly looked around the room. "Okay! Who threw that? What do you think you're-" I waved at him innocently as he saw me behind him. "Oh, it's just you."

He rolled his eyes at me and went back to his conversation. I loved getting him mad, even for a second. It's quite hilarious. I did our little handshake with him as a truce, he shoved me to the side and I tried to shove him off his own desk, and I laugh in victory while I walk over to my desk. After I did the same handshake to the others down my row, I sat down and my curls were bugging me from under my beanie, so I took off my hat and fixed my hair.

A moment later, I look up and see those girls Katrina and Mia giggling to each other and giving me cheesy smiles as they made their way up to me. Don't get me wrong, I'm flattered, they are attractive girls, and I'm all for harmless flirting, but I'm just not that interested in them. They come on right back to me, thinking I'm just playing hard to get. But I just stay kind to them so I don't come off as a complete jerk.

Eventually, Mr. Taylor arrived and started his lecture that I could tell was boring everyone. After an aggravatingly long 20 minutes, a sudden burst of laughter came from the back of the room. Everyone's heads including mine turned to see what caused it and noticed two guys smiling idiotically, and as they met eyes with Mr. Taylor, they still kept smiling.

"Is there something you'd like to share, Louis?" Mr. Taylor stared them down, smiling at the same time.

I noticed the black haired guy bite his lip, failing to stop laughing, I think his name is Zayn. And the guy sitting beside him with brown messy hair which I assume is the Louis our teacher was referring to. I've seen him around school throughout the years, but oddly never had a conversation with him. 

"Oh nope, nothing. Sorry, just carry on." Louis says, and coughs to cut the awkward silence that carried on afterwards.

All eyes slowly turned back toward the whiteboard, as well as the teacher's. I chuckled silently to myself, taking one last look at the two guys then sat face forward in my desk.

Once class ended, I usually felt the need to rush to my next class, but today, I felt like taking my time to gather my books together. As I made my way toward the door, I was doing fine until one book slid out of my arms and hit the floor. Frustrated, I face palm myself and bend down to grab it. Before I knew it, someone else already did, I didn't recognize the hand but once I looked up, I realized who it was.

"Oh, I got it." It was one of the guys that got caught laughing earlier. The one with tussled brown hair. I smiled at him, remembering what happened.

"Thanks." I started to say as he handed the book to me. I wanted to call him by his name, which had slipped out of my mind for a second. "Louis, right?"

"Yep, that's me. The only Louis around here." He laughed, gesturing his hands.

I chuckle at his words and make direct eye contact with him again. I never noticed the color of his eyes before, I mean this is the first time we're talking to each other. They're actually quite nice to look at...

I quickly snap about it and think of something to say. "Ahh, well Louis, I'll see ya around." I grin at him and walk away. I notice his friend, Zayn waiting patiently against the wall.

We both give an acknowledging nod to each other as I continue down the hallway. That little thought about Louis that went through my head a minute ago lingered in my mind longer than I expected it would, but I just shrugged it off. 

~