Fourteen // Undercovering The Truth.

*This is a special chapter containing Zayn's perspective, as well as the chapter after this. 
____________________________

{Zayn's POV}

This proves my theory even more now about Harry and his possible feelings for my best mate.
The heart eyes while dancing. The staring. The obvious glancing at his fucking lips for god's sake. No one that has platonic feelings toward another friend does that! And now the close face to face contact while Louis bragged about winning the shotgun challenge, which made Harry slightly competitive enough to approach him closely like in movies when people are about to fight. Oh, AND the longing gaze at Louis' lips which was probably the third time up to date. I can read people as well as I can keep myself looking this good everyday. But really, with all jokes aside, I can conclude that Harry is without a doubt attracted to Louis. I bet you Louis has noticed it but it's not processing through his brain because he simply cannot believe it, nor does he want to get his hopes up in order to protect his heart. It's evident Harry wants him just as much as Louis does, and that's saying something, considering Louis has got, shall you say, "Harry feels", pretty damn bad.

After Harry strutted away and into kitchen with Niall following him from behind, the tension faded away but a different feeling lingered in the air. Louis stood there frozen, with his right hand outstretched to his opposite shoulder, controlling his breathing back to normal again. But the look on this face told me that he was speechless, overwhelmed, or wanted something to happen in that moment. I eventually realized that Liam was still standing beside me, looking at me with wide eyes, which I didn't understand why he'd look like that.

Unless...

I exchanged quick glances with Liam, Louis, then back to Liam. Louis walked in between me and Liam and flopped down on Niall's couch, huffing and covering his face in his hands.

"Um.." I began to Louis, unsure of what to say, but then Liam cut me off.

"Zayn, could I talk to you for a second?" Liam pointed toward the front door, motioning that he'd appreciate it if we talked out on the front porch.

I debated in my mind whether to leave Louis or talk to Liam. Like he saw the doubt in my eyes, he added, "It's important."

I glanced down at Louis, who was probably reminiscing his close moment with Harry while biting his lip. He looked at me, innocently and slanted his head toward the door, allowing me to go. I rub his shoulder for comfort and thanks, then turn back to Liam.

"Sure." I replied carefully as the brunette led the way out the door and closed it gently after I stood in the middle of the porch.

It was silent for a second, until Liam sighed. I wasn't sure whether that was good or bad, or if I should be worried.

"So, Zayn.. I don't know if you know but.. um.." Liam stuttered, trying to find the right words to say. I stood there, with an eyebrow raised, interested in what he has to say. Especially since he's having a hard time explaining whatever it was to me.

"What is it mate?" I ask him.

"Well, I've just noticed how Harry acts around Louis, and - I'm just thinking aloud here but - it's not exactly normal. As just friends. Have you noticed?" He spoke slowly, wondering how I'm going to react to what he just said.

"Are you trying to say-"

"That Harry really feels something toward Louis then the answer is yes." Liam automatically responded before I could. My jaw dropped and Liam was drawn aback by my sudden action.

"Harry likes guys?"

"Yes, he's bi. He's been out for awhile now but most people assume he's still straight since he's had more experience with girls and you've probably seen him flirting with girls a lot. Liking a guy is kind of new for him." He explained, and I nodded in understanding.

"Oh, I see." I couldn't bring myself to say anything else because in my head, that little voice in my head cried, 'We've got to get Harry and Louis together for sure now. For damn sure.'

"And it really seems like Harry fancies him quite a lot." Liam added, sounding slightly surprised.

"I've definitely noticed that, I mean I'm really good at reading people's body language."

Liam nodded. "Yep. And now he's going to get his heart broken that Louis will never feel the same way."

I was about to scream in his face - but not in the bad way. I was going to scream out to the heavens what Liam was totally unaware of. That innocent, clueless lad doesn't understand that what he's worrying about with Harry, is the same that I've been worrying about with Louis for 3 years now. Louis may comes off as the class clown, a troublemaker, strong-willed. But really, he can be sensitive, and fragile as glass. And I've never seen him in love before until Harry came into his life; Louis has never felt so much, and so strongly about anyone until him. 

"Liam." I grab hold of his shoulder, and looked directly at him, seeing the sheer cluelessness of what I'm about to say. "Don't freak out but, Louis fancies Harry. So badly that you can't even imagine how much he does. Ever since the beginning of high school."

"Louis likes guys too?!" He blinked, shocked. 

"Yes, he's been out as gay since freshmen year. You didn't know?"

"I'm sorry! I didn't really know him until recently and I didn't wanna assume-" Liam said frantically and I tried to calm him down.

"It's okay, no need to apologize, Liam." I put a hand on his shoulder. "You know what this means right?" 

Liam raises an eyebrow, watching me carefully. "What?"

I tighten my grip on his shoulder. "This means we have to get them together, duh."

Liam's expressionless face instantly brightened at my words. "But isn't that meddling?"

I laughed at him, amused and he gives me a weird look in return. "Oh Liam. Poor poor Liam. You know, in cases like this, we have to meddle. Or else we will have two hopeless, heartbroken lads that don't notice that they both desire one another. Longer than intended."

"Alright, alright." The corners of Liam's lips turned upward as he pushes my arm away. "How are we going to do it though? I mean we're not simply going to say, 'Harry, Louis. You are now boyfriends. You may finally kiss each other."

"Hah, of course not. But I haven't exactly thought of anything yet, but we're going to make this work. You in?"

"For sure." I grin greatly at his response. "But.. I think we should let someone who's even more closer to Harry into this, ya know?"

I give him a confused look before he spoke up again.

"Niall."

I grin grew wider which resulted in Liam smiling just as much. "Now let's go inside, they might be wondering where we are."

I nod and lay my hand on the doorknob, as Liam spoke up one last time.

"I'll tell Niall about our plan soon enough." He smiled proudly at me.

"Good. And also, Harry and Louis can't suspect a thing about what we're doing. Niall seems like the one to be.. well, obvious."

"Don't worry, I'll make sure he'll make this a secret." He assured me, as I fully turned the knob and enter the house with Liam trailing behind.

~