A ploy? Or not

Alessia hadn't heard from Ryan in the past few days and she always stayed up late worrying about him.

He never showed up in school and that was bad.

She even had the courage to ask some of his friends but they said they also hadn't seen him since the game last week.

This was bad.

Very bad.

Today was the day Angel was bringing the supposed important person to the house and she felt like fainting any moment.

What was her problem? Alessia asked herself.

Alessia had her suspicious but she didn't want to think that Ryan's sudden disappearance and Angel's person where all coincidences.

It just didn't make sense. She denied.

The dots just don't connect.

There were many people in this world who Angel could bring. It just couldn't be that coincidental.

Finally getting out of her thoughts she made her way to her third class of the day with low spirits since Ryan's disappearance.

A shadow fell upon her and she looked up tiredly into familiar brown eyes.

Alessia glared at the owner and quickly averted her eyes away.

"What do you want?"

The person opened the mouth but slowly shut and continued for a while coming out with nothing.

"If you have nothing to say please leave me in peace." Alessia said lowly.

"I'm sorry."

Alessia scoffed and finally looked up to the person. "You are not sorry Wendy. I know you aren't. Please leave me alone."

"Um, is this seat taken?"

Alessia had enough and moved to the last seat at the far corner where no one sat and sighed happily.

The classes went by in a blur and before Alessia knew it, the bell rang signaling the end of school.

Alessia didn't want to walk since she got a little bit too comfortable always riding with Ryan in his car.

Alessia didn't want to go home right away because she knew something big was going to happen and she didn't want that.
When she reached home she was a little surprise to see the parents there. They were never home at this hour.

She couldn't help but blurt out. "What are you two doing here at this hour?"

Mother glared at her whiles father ignored her.

"This is our house. We could come anytime we want." Sarah snapped at her.

"And well, we wanted to be her for your sister's guest. She insisted we be here on time to meet the person. We had to come." Mother said happily.

Alessia couldn't speak. She didn't let any emotion show but it didn't mean it hurt any less.

Alessia's heart clenched in pain. Her parents sacrificed their time they had to be there for their daughter.

The daughter they always loved.

With that thought she went upstairs to her room.

----

"Come on Ryan, pick up." Alessia's mumbled worried as she tried to call Ryan again for the nth time.