Promise me

Two more years passed and Ryan had been spending a lot of time with Alessia.

Their friendship blossomed into something more special though none of them was ready enough to admit to it.

But you could tell from the secret glances and smiles they pass on to each other. How the love shined through their eyes.

Until the day came when it grew  more than ever.

It was a normal Wednesday. Alessia finally finished all her classes and was waiting for Ryan since they now go home together in his car he bought a month ago.

The sleek blue car pulled beside her and a huge smile light up on her face.

She hadn't seen him all day because of the numerous test they both had today.

Entering the car she turned to look at Ryan with the smile still on her face.

"Hey."

"Hey." Ryan looked at her with a small smile on his face.

Ryan drove out of the school and was soon on the road.

"Um, Al?" Ryan called out. Al was a new nickname he gave her. At first it was meant to tease her but soon got stuck with her.

"We're going to the little café around the corner. Just wanted to tell you in case you would want to change your mind."

"I don't mind." Alessia told him.

"Okay."

Soon they reached a cute cafe and Ryan slowly parked at the side.

He went ahead and opened the door for Alessia.

Alessia looked at him and smiled, "Why thank you."

Ryan smiled cheekily, "Al, I do this for you every time."

"And yet I'm always so flattered." She said climbing out of the car and they both stood at the entrance of the café.

Soon they were seated and had already started a conversation.

They are suddenly interrupted by a waiter.

"Hello and welcome to Chris café. What would you like today?" He said politely but his eyes were fixed on Alessia.

"I'd like a hot chocolate with extra whipped cream on top." Alessia ordered and gave him a small warm smile. She's hardly cold anymore thanks to Ryan.

But Ryan himself did not like the way the waiter looked at Alessia and cleared his throat loudly.

"I would like a coffee latte." He said rudely to the waiter.

He wrote their orders in a small notebook and walked away.

"Ryan, what has gotten into you?" Alessia frowned.

"What did I do Al?" Ryan asked but obviously knew what she was talking.

Alessia raised a brow, "We'll talk about this later."

When the waiter brought their hot chocolate and coffee latte he kept on looking at Alessia but one heated glare from Ryan and he scurried away.

When they reached outside Ryan pinned her to the nearest wall and stared at her with dark eyes.

Alessia, suddenly cautious looked at Ryan with wide eyes, "Ryan, what do you think you're doing?"

"I didn't like the way he was looking at you." Said Ryan ignoring her previous question.

With furrowed eyebrows Alessia asked, "Who?"