New Teacher

Carl was actually the new English and Biology teacher at school and was someone who easily gets lost at unfamiliar places. He left home quite on time to be able to see the headmistress as she had previously told him she would be attending a board meeting that day.

But as it was, he got lost. How delightful.

If it was before his luck at bumping into the only student who was still roaming the hallways he would have been really late and it would not have made a good impression on the headmistress.

"Mr Brooks, glad to see you made it before I left. This must be quick as I don't want to be late for the meeting." Miss Susanne, the headmistress, told him with a brow raised.

"Sorry miss Susanne. Here are the remaining documents." Carl said then handed them to her.

Miss Susanne nodded approvingly before giving her attention to Carl once again.

"Now that the paperwork is to be completed your teaching would start immediately after the fourth period, Mr Brooks. And I welcome you once again to our highschool."

They shook hands with Carl giving his gratitude before leaving the office.

--------

When Alessia made it to class the lesson was even about to end and she sighed in frustration. Not wanting to go in now and make a scene, she waited till the period was over before making it to the fifth period which was Biology.

Soon the class was filled and all that was left was the teacher who had yet to arrive. When he did arrive Alessia was a bit surprised that it was the same man she had bumped into earlier after her whole crying episode.

He smiled warmly at the class before introducing himself.

"Hello everyone. My name is Carl Brooks but you can call me Mr Brooks and I'll be your biology teacher till you graduate. It's nice to meet you all. In time we'll get to know each other because even if I allow you all to introduce yourselves, I'll obviously not remember. " He chuckled to himself.

Alessia was overcome with relief seeing that they would not be made to stand and introduce themselves.

"Let's continue from the last topic you guys began shall we."

-----------

Carl saw that it was the same girl he had bumped into earlier in the hallway and hid a small smile at seeing the relief in her eyes when he had stated that there was not going to be any introduction.

The lesson actually went in smoothly and there was active participation in the class making it more lively.

Carl himself didn't want to make the period boring so he too made nice jokes and interesting fun facts here and there and soon the period was over much to the dismay of the students. For the first time in a really long time they actually enjoyed a lesson and it ended way too soon.

Carl could see the dismay of the students in having to leave the class and he smiled. His first ever lesson in the school and it was going on so well.

He gave them a quick exercise to see how much they had listened before making them leave so he could receive the next batch of students.

Time to put on his charms.

-----

School was over in no time and Carl sighed in both relief and exhaustion. The first day ended wonderfully but it was a bit tiring but he didn't mind.

He wanted to have the structure of the school and its surroundings in mind so he decided to take a stroll to remember how it was.

A few minutes later Carl was walking around the football field when he saw a lone figure alone on the bleachers, just staring ahead and at nothing.

Upon closer notice he realised it was the same girl he saw in the morning. He chuckled a bit about how he kept seeing her coincidentally alot today.

He soon went towards her direction and hoped she didn't mind with him sitting beside her on the bleachers when he reached where she was.

But it seemed she didn't notice his arrival as she was still preoccupied with whatever was on her mind and not stirring in the slightest.

Carl kept a reasonable distance from her but was still close enough to see the blankness in her eyes, something he unfortunatly felt familiar with. It was that look that meant you've given up pretty much on life and he prayed to God that he was wrong.

He hated to admit it but he felt a connection to this girl. Like he could feel like he should help her.

Or It might just be a wrong intuition.
He thought.

"Hey." Carl called out softly.

As if being startled awake Alessia jumped a bit frightened and turned her head to notice for the first time the foreign presence near her and saw that it was her new biology teacher Mr Brooks.

Noticing her startled state he quickly apoplogized.

Alessia didn't say anything and just stared at him confused about the reason he might be here. She also knew it might be rude to leave so she stayed silent hoping her quietness would bore him and make him leave.

But Carl had other plans.

"I hope today's lesson too boring I hope?" He asked with laughter in his voice and all Alessia did was shake her head slowly.

Seeing her positive reaction he smiled widely and made a fake sigh of satisfaction, "That's a relief."

Seeing her irresponsiveness anyone would immediately leave but Carl had other plans.

"Do you know something, I was actually a bit scared when I lost my way this morning and super nervous when I entered the class which by the way is your class. I know I know, you're wondering if teachers do get scared of our first day in school? In fact...."

He kept on talking and talking and talking and it made Alessia's ears bleed. She wanted to shout at him to just shut up and leave and hardly kept her irritation in check.

"....so anyways what's your name? I need to know the name of my saviour who helped me not get fired on my very first day." Carl asked with that never ending smile of his which almost made Alessia roll her eyes in irritation.

But for some weird reason she had this urge to just tell him her name. Maybe then he'd just leave her alone.

"Alessia." She mumbled quietly.

"I'm sorry I didn't quite catch that." Carl asked sheepishly.

Finally with a roll of her eyes which she shouldn't have done considering he is her teacher she mumbled a little louder, "Alessia."

Carl again smiled and tested out her name. "Alessia...defender."

Huh? Alessia looked at him confused with her brows drawn in

Carl chuckled at the look on her face and began explaining.

"Alessia means defender, it has both Italian and Greek origin with it's Greek also meaning truth. It's a special name really." Saying that the smile that was always plastered on his face became softer if possible.

She couldn't help but mumble, "how do you know?"

How smile became sadder and for some reason her heart tugged in her chest seeing this teacher who was always cheerful sad.

"A story for another time my dear."

Now on top(Book 1) On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara