Rain

NB: a rather long chapter.

Carl stared at Alessia.

Alessia stared at Carl.

Alessia wondering what the hell is going on.

A couple of hours ago...

Carl having made up his mind to help Alessia by all means necessary even though he knew she didn't ask for his help and would think he was doing this out of pity.

But it was much more than that. Much more.

It soon began to rain and Carl entered his car ready to get home before it begins to rain harder.

A few minutes on the road he saw a lone figure sitting on the sidewalk looking at the ground, seemingly lost in thought and apparently didn't care about the showers hitting them.

He was about to turn a blind eye but soon realized the person looked really familiar and his eyes widened when he saw who it was.

He quickly took his umbrella and stepped out of the car.

Alessia didn't realize that somehow the rain was no longer hitting her even though by the sounds around her it was still clearly raining until a pair of shoes were soon in her line of vision.

She slowly raised her head to meet a pair of warm and familiar eyes staring at her with a small smile.

Alessia also noticed a blue umbrella over her head protecting her from the pouring rain and in turn wetting the exposed parts of Carl.

She frowned a bit when she saw Carl offering her his hand and she didn't know what came over her before taking it and he help lift her off the wet sidewalk.

No one said anything even when Carl walked to his car with Alessia besides him with the umbrella over their head.

She furrowed in uneasiness when she sat in the car wetting the seat as she was wet from the rain.

Carl sensing her uneasiness sent her another small smile reassuring her that it was totally okay before driving.

------

Alessia didn't say anything but soon wanted to question where the hell he was taking her before they pulled up on the driveway of a very cute looking house.

Alarm bells rang off in her head when she realized that she wasn't really familiar with the place and began cursing herself for being absentminded.

So lost in her thoughts, she didn't notice when Carl had gone out of the car or even realized her door on her side was opened until she heard her name being called softly from her side.

She yelled slightly in surprise and a bit of fear when she looked up at Carl with his usual smile holding the car door open for her.

The rain had soon turned to a slight drizzle so Carl wasn't really worried about getting wet. He looked into Alessia's eyes and realized how stupid he was at the moment.

Of course he should have thought twice about it before deciding to bring her over to his home. But he just assumed her being outside at this time meant she didn't want to be home at the moment and he assumed...

Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.

Carl now awkwardly scratched his head but since they were now at his place he wanted to make sure she was warm and also to help prevent her from getting I'll later.

Seeing the conflict emotion in his eyes, Alessia got out of the car and slowly nodded towards his direction to let him know she understood.

"Please follow me." Carl said a bit guilty before taking a lead towards the house.