Fighting

Soon Alessia was discharged from the hospital with her grandmother barely able to pay the hospital bills, but she didn't care, as long as her granddaughter was safe and healthy.

"I'm taking you with me Alessia. I'm staying at a small motel and when everything is ready, we'll leave". Ingrid said firmly.

Alessia didn't say anything in response. Her mind was blank as they entered her grandmother's rusty old beetle car.

Throughout the ride Alessia just kept staring out the window with blank eyes and Ingrid really wanted to burst out in tears seeing her so lifeless and dull.

------

In the motel room Ingrid packed her things and seeing as Alessia didn't have anything of her own, made a decision to go to her son's house for Alessia's clothes and leave town, something she should have done a long time ago.

She told Alessia that she had to go take her things so that they can soon leave and for the first time in weeks she saw a flicker of something in Alessia's eyes.

Desperation.

Determined more than ever, she quickly drove to her son's house and almost groaned in anger seeing his car which obviously meant he was home.

The moment she entered the house the first thing she saw was her the stupid disgrace of a son and without wasting any moment slapped him hard on the cheek.

"MOM!" Sarah, her son's wife exclaimed.

HOW COULD YOU CHAD? HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO YOUR OWN DAUGHTER?" Ingrid yelled out.

Chad turned his angry face to his mom but didn't say anything.

"She told me everything Chad. And do you know the sad thing, with every word that came out of her mouth there was emptiness in eyes."

"You've all broken her. She's broken." Ingrid said the last part in a whisper.

Angel who just arrived from her room rolled her eyes in annoyance.

Shaking her head in disappointment at their nonchalant attitude, Ingrid made her way to the stairs and soon had packed most of the necessary things Alessia would need including her clothes.

Just as she was about to open the door to leave, a voice stopped her.

"Where do you thing you're going with that?" Chad asked, recognizing the Suitcase she was holding as Alessia's.

"Somewhere far away from here"

"You're not going anywhere mother."

Ingrid turned to her son, "And why the hell not. You should even be thrilled since I'm taking a burden off your hands isn't it."

"You have no right to take Alessia away. She's my child and she must remain here."

The audacity of this man.

"How dare you." Ingrid said in disbelief.

"If you leave through that door mother, you'll have to fight for custody over Alessia, and I know you do not have the money to go through the procedures much less hire a lawyer." Chad said with a smirk.

"And you don't want to put poor Alessia through that, do you? So I suggest you bring me back my daughter so that we can all put this behind us."

Ingrid just slid to the ground in defeat. He was right, she didn't have the money to fight for Alessia and Alessia was not in the state of mind to go through this. It could take months in court and she knew her son had connections.

How can she give birth to such a vile man?

Feeling so defeated on having failed Alessia, she let out a few tears while dreading to see the emptiness in her granddaughters eyes.

Angel only smiled in victory. No one can help her dear sissy now.

------

Alessia heard the sound of the door open and close and soon saw her grandmother in the room.

The first thing she noticed about Ingrid was a red shot eyes and stiff posture and knew what might have occured.

What concluded it all was that her things were nowhere in sight.

Sighing in disappointment she quickly wore her shoes and left the room with her grandmother right behind her.

The ride back to her house was quiet with no one saying a word. The only thing heard was a few sniffles by her grandmother who tried to keep her tears at bay.

Upon reaching the front of her son's house Ingrid embraced Alessia in a hug and told her how sorry she was for disappointing her.

"It's okay grandma. I know you did your best. Don't worry okay. I'll try to be fine and take my pills." And with that she gave her grandmother a kiss on the cheek and left the car, straight to the place she once called home.

Hi everyone. I'm back and now I will regularly update now on top every Tuesday GMT time so stay tuned.