𝟬𝟱. 𝗷𝗮𝗰𝗸 𝗳𝗿𝗼𝘀𝘁

SUNDAY 

as semi and y/n sit on the swings, occasionally sharing their hobbies and likes, a little girl suddenly appears before them. stopping right in front of semi, she stares up at him with a childish smile. she looks to be around five or six. her fiery orange hair is styled messily, pointing up every which way as she puts up a small hand and waves to semi, even though they're rather close.

"and so then- uh..."
semi pauses his storytelling as he notices the girl. y/n tilts her head slightly in curiosity as she watches the situation play out. semi scratches his eyebrow, uncomfortable.

"uh- hi... little kid..."
he barely greets. she smiles cheerily before waving enthusiastically. the girl's mother stands a short distance away as her phone is pressed against her ear; she looks busy with a phone call.

"jack fwost!!!"
the little ginger exclaims.
semi raises an eyebrow, and y/n covers her mouth to prevent a giggle from escaping. semi clears his throat and tries to regain his composure.

"i dunno what you're
talkin bout, kid."

"you wook wike jack fwost!"
she shouts again. and y/n decides
to speak up quietly.

"i think she's referring to
your hair, semi-senpai."
y/n smiles at him, and he blushes before looking away awkwardly. the little girl suddenly hops a few short steps over to y/n, looking up at her with sparkly, awe-filled eyes.

"pwetty!! like my bawbies!!"
the ginger marvels, and y/n smiles at her.
the girl suddenly climbs up on y/n's lap, catching both y/n and semi off guard as
y/n quickly wraps her gentle arms around the little girl so she doesn't fall off. the little girl's face is mere inches away from y/n's own, and the [hair color]-haired girl gulps roughly before her [eye color] eyes avert away from the ginger's big brown ones.

"what's you name? i'm natsu!!"
she greets loudly.

"h-hi, natsu. i'm y/n. it's nice to meet you."
y/n greets with a nervous giggle, and semi watches on with curiosity, his eyes never once leaving y/n's form. natsu grabs y/n's face, squishing her cheeks repeatedly as y/n's face flushes red. semi blushes slightly when he and the other teen make awkward eye contact.

"h-hey, natsu, ple- please stop-"
natsu laughs loudly, not even hearing y/n's muffled requests for her to stop abusing her face. easily sensing y/n's discomfort, semi quickly grows impatient and annoyed with the little girl. he swiftly lifts her up and sets her on the mulch with a small scowl on his face.

"yeah. that's enough, kid."

before little natsu can protest, her mother approaches with a worried look on her face. she scoops natsu up in her arms.

"i am so sorry!! i was just on a call and then i got distracted- i only now saw her climbing all over you two..."
the mother apologizes, clearly stressed.

"oh- no worries, miss!"
y/n replies quietly, a shy smile on her face.
semi looks away.

"it's fine..."

the teens share a confused glance with each other when they see that the mother does not turn around to leave- and instead, begins to vent to them.

"i'm just... ah..."
she sighs out.
"natsu was supposed to be getting babysat tomorrow, but the sitter said she came down with something, and now i don't know what to do- i have an important meeting tomorrow!"

"wet hewr babysit me!!"
natsu exclaims, pointing her small index finger at a wide-eyed y/n. the mother pauses, slowly turning her head to look at y/n. it's almost like a horror movie as the four remain in silence for a few moments.
semi mumbles something under his breath after sighing quietly.

long story short-
y/n is now natsu's
new babysitter.

"i can't believe you actually agreed to it. why the hell would you say yes to
her and that crazy kid?!"

semi asks between a few laughs.
y/n purses her lips into an unsteady smile as she stares down at the mulch, the two walking towards the grassy field to get the boys. ushijima's dad had just pulled up, and he was waiting at the playground's parking lot for his son, semi, and tendou.

"s-she looked like she needed help."
semi only shakes his head in response to her smooth words.

"so what time do you
have to be there again?"

"..."

"...six forty..."

he bites his bottom lip to prevent himself from laughing too hard. y/n giggles quietly.
they walk a few more steps until they reach the field with the boys, stopping in their tracks as semi gives y/n a very light smirk. the sun- in which is beginning to set- creates a beautiful glow on both of their faces.

semi blushes slightly before averting his gaze to the familiar boys in the field.
"thanks for talking with me, semi-senpai."
y/n gives a little bow to him before semi's face grows a darker shade of pink. he stumbles over his words as he replies.

"n-no need to call me s-senpai
or anything. just... call me eita..."
his smooth voice trails off,
and y/n nods in response.

"let's text each other about
music and stuff. kay...?"

y/n nods again, a bright smile on her face.
"okay!"

the other boys begin to approach semi and y/n- still cracking jokes as their arms are slung around each other's shoulders. bokuto and kuroo have some green grass marks on their clothes from pushing one another around.

"y/n!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
bokuto screams, rushing towards the girl as her [eye color] eyes widen. akaashi pushes bokuto away before he can tackle y/n to the ground. he sighs, peering over his shoulder at y/n.

"sorry about that."

"it's o-okay!"

as they say their goodbyes, semi turns around one last time to look at y/n.
tendou watches closely.
"bye, y/n."

"bye, eita!"
and then they part ways.
tendou smirks suggestively, leaning in closer to semi.

"wow, semi-semi!
looks like you really like y/n-chan!"

"uh. whatever..."

"-and stop calling me semi semi!!"