𝟬𝟵. 𝗽𝗿𝗶𝗻𝗰𝗲𝘀𝘀

MONDAY 

"w-whoa! n-natsu!! be careful, please!"

y/n pleads with the little ginger as she chases after a blue butterfly in the yard. the child almost goes tumbling over some big, protruding tree roots- and she very well would have if it wasn't for y/n swiftly scooping natsu up in her arms.

"are you okay?!"
y/n worries; what if natsu got scared?

but natsu turns around with a huge smile on her face, and a small blush of happiness rests on her childish features.
"yeah!!"

then suddenly, as y/n is setting little natsu back on her feet- the back door swings open. natsu and y/n's heads turn to the side; y/n's heart pounding a little faster when she realizes that the person is not natsu's mother.

she stares dead in the eyes with- much like natsu- a ginger-headed boy. they both blink in surprise at each other before the boy comes tumbling off the porch and towards y/n and his sibling.

"who are you?! back away from natsu!!"

the boy yells, shooing y/n away before he grabs natsu's wrist, tugging her closer to him. but natsu protests, trying to run back to y/n, in which stands dumbfounded at what just happened.

"sho! stop being mean to y/n!!
we werw pwaying!"

natsu shouts, prying her tiny hands away from her big brother. the older ginger looks on with confusion.

"wha-?! what do you mean, natsu?"

natsu comes running back to y/n, and intertwines her tiny hand with y/n's.
the older girl blushes with embarrassment. how awkward.
she thinks, struggling to make eye contact with the boy.

"sho! we'rw pwaying tag with the butterfwy-!"

"-just hold on a sec, natsu!"
stressed and confused, he says before approaching the two. he steps closer to y/n; she stumbles back a bit away from the short teen.

"who are you?!"
he asks loudly, his voice wobbly.
y/n bites her bottom lip and flinches slightly from his harsh tone. natsu holds her hand tighter as she silently pouts at her brother.

"f-f/n l/n. i-i'm the babysitter."
she stutters quietly. the boy's brown eyes widen as his mouth falls agape. he mouths an 'o.'

"oh- uh... haha... sorry!!!
i'm shouyou hinata, by the way...!"
he apologizes, his face slightly red as he scratches his neck. y/n gives him a shaky smile.

"no w-worries."

"wow- i just- ahhh!"
he grits his teeth, clenching his fists.
"now i feel horrible for yelling at you!
i'm so sorry, y/n-san!!"

the girl giggles quietly,
giving him a bright smile.
"no no no, i-it's okay!"

she reassures him, and natsu smiles a beaming smile as she watches her big brother interact with y/n. a mischievous plan sneaks into her mind, and she laughs loudly, urging y/n and shouyou to look down at her.

"huh? what's so funny, sis?"
shouyou asks, but she just giggles even louder, her grip on y/n's hand growing tighter.

"nothing!!"