𝟯𝟲. 𝗺𝗶𝗿𝗮𝗰𝗹𝗲 𝗯𝗼𝘆

ushi
today 6:47 pm

ushi
y/n, i have good news.

f/n l/n
oh? what is it?? :0

ushi
my father woke up.
he's no longer in a coma.

f/n l/n
waiti wait really

ushi

f/n l/nomg haha!!! thats amazing!so he's really all better then??

f/n l/n
omg haha!!! thats amazing!
so he's really all better then??

ushi
yes, he's much better.

f/n l/n
awww thats great! 😊 im
so happy for u and ur dad!!!!

ushi
yes.

ushi
...l/n, can we meet?

ushi
i want to see you

♡̩͙

the golden gleam of the dying sunset casted a glittery light on your face as you headed to the meeting spot ushijima and you had agreed on. it was at a plaza, one that was bustling and busy at all times of the day- and even now as it was almost night, there were still a few stragglers hanging around. some chatted amongst themselves with iced drinks in their hands, while others were alone, cellphones against their ears as they pattered along the tiled walkway.

ushijima stood out like a sore thumb.

nonetheless, with a growing smile on your face, you began to speedwalk to get to him faster, excited to see him and happy he even wanted to call you out here to begin with. you were almost there, holding back a cheery laugh as you saw his gaze find you, olive eyes lighting up before softening, his shoulders relaxing as you came closer-

oh, there was a rocky tile that was protruding the slightest bit.

oh, you tripped.

"wuAh!!" within a split second, your head was on the brink of colliding with the intricate pavement, your dignity nearly being ripped away from you as you were sure you'd make a fool of yourself in front of the green-haired man.

you open your eyes. time stops. you don't hit the ground, but rather, you're floating above it by just a few inches.

oh, wait, time didn't stop, you realize belatedly as you sneak a hesitant glance behind your shoulder. ushi's left hand was wrapped tightly in the fabric of your black jacket, holding you up with the sheer strength of just one of his limbs.