𝟭𝟭. 𝗲𝗺𝗲𝗿𝗮𝗹𝗱 𝗲𝘆𝗲𝘀

WEDNESDAY 

"y/n-chan, which candy are
ya gonna pick?"

bokuto excitedly asks you as your eyes graze over the snacks and candy shelves. you briefly look away and up towards bokuto, smiling sweetly at him before his smile grows even wider.

bokuto invited you to come along with he, kuroo, and akaashi to a new movie that was coming out. you felt hesitant at first, but after the owl-like boy said that akaashi and the roosterhead were okay with it- you decided to come with them. besides, you didn't want to decline a boy as sweet as bokuto.

"hmm... i think i'll get the snocaps."
you hum, slightly nodding your head.
and a polite smile remains on your face
the whole time.

"y/n, do you like airheads?"
bokuto asks with a small grin. and you nod to him in response.

"mhm!"

"you're only getting one kind?"

akaashi suddenly approaches after leaving a different isle. he stops beside you and bokuto before talking again, a blank look on his face as he carries peanut m&m's, almond joys, and a cerulean gatorade bottle. he also has a red gatorade for kuroo, along with some snacks for the roosterhead.

"you can get another. and a drink too. it's on me and bokuto. you're our guest, you know."

akaashi informs you, gesturing to
the contents in his arms.

"oh, okay. t-thank you so much,
akaashi-kun! you both are really nice."

"yup! and you should get as much as i'm getting!"

bokuto quickly adds. and as he has airheads, sourpatch kids, gummy bears, and a white gatorade in his arms, he tries to reach down and pluck yet another candy from the racks. y/n watches the cheerful boy with uncertainty before giving a brief glance to akaashi.

but she's surprised to see that he was already staring at her. his gunmetal-blue eyes dart away so quickly that she wonders if she was seeing things.
akaashi sighs before resting a hand on bokuto's shoulder. bokuto looks up at his friend, a huge smile on his face as he tries to get another bag of airheads.

"bokuto, stop. you already have
about fifty candies; put it back."

bokuto frowns; the sad sight making
your heart feel like it's beating with
a little less meaning than before.

"but y/n said she likes airheads..."

you and akaashi both share a surprised glance before you both realize that bokuto was getting the candy for you. you can't help but smile immensely when bokuto hands you the candy, and stands back up, grinning at you.

"thank you, k-koutarou! you're so sweet...!"

you say softly to him before he barely manages to grab your free hand and lead you to the drinks section; the bags of candy in his arms just somehow balancing. akaashi follows along behind you two as bokuto smiles widely.

"y/n, ya want gatorade?"
he asks, gesturing to the colorful drinks. you nod happily, opening up the cold glass door before pulling out a white gatorade, letting the door close on its own. bokuto grins widely, standing right beside you.