𝟯𝟮. 𝗱𝗼𝘄𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗵𝗶𝗹𝗹

MONDAY

in english class you sat, in the back near the window because that was the only empty seat in the room. akaashi sat beside you, sending you soft smiles every time you occasionally looked over to see him already gazing at you. the sun seemed brighter than usual, warmth beating down upon the earth as you looked down at the courtyard. pink petals from the cherry blossom tree fluttered in the wind.

it was the fifth period of the day, only two more until you were free to return home. but you wanna know something? secretly, you were awaiting bokuto's text that would urge you to meet outside under the tree, so you could leave somewhere to have a picnic.

and akaashi...? well, he was waiting for bokuto to send a text that would make him chase after the two of you; reprimand you and drag you back inside the dreaded school.

but honestly? deep down, keiji wanted nothing more than to sit on a gingham red blanket in which was sprawled out across a green hill- hand you a juice box from the basket that bokuto no doubt prepared last night- and merely enjoy the wonderful day with you.

he wasn't one to skip school, only did it on a few, rare occasions. but if you were there? well, maybe, just maybe...

a vibration in the pocket of your skirt has you freezing in place before shooting a glance towards the boy sitting beside you. his gunmetal eyes widen by a fraction, looking at his trousers. yup, that was bokuto, sending a message to your group chat. it was certain.

fukurodani 😎
today | 1:09 PM

kou 🦉
its time

kou🦉
its 1:10 y/n! cmon lets hurry and go!! 😖

kou🦉
and akaashi u can come too i guess!

now, all you had to do was sneak out. somehow.

"oh my gosh, kou!!"

"oh my gosh, kou!!"

you barely manage to exclaim through your loud giggles and sharp intakes of air. you were laughing so hard, a smiling akaashi beside you as you sat on the spread blanket. tears were brimming at the corners of your e/c eyes; you desperately trying to wipe them away. bokuto grinned widely as he rolled down the big hill, lying in a pencil-like position as he went tumbling down the grassy brae. akaashi couldn't hold back his smile either, eyes softening the longer he saw your ecstatic expressions.

"k-keiji!!" you laugh out, pointing a weak-from-hilarity hand towards the big idiot who had grass stains all over his school uniform. "l-look at kou!" you hold your stomach, eyes closing with delight as you try to calm down. but you were just so happy.