War, what is it good for? (Last chapter)

I'm not gonna take up too much of y'all's time, but I just wanted y'all to know that this is the last chapter.

That's mainly because I have ideas that I don't want to put in this story. I want to leave those for the sequel. That's because the next story will have little to no interactions with the characters of Azur Lane. It'll be mostly text told in the form of news broadcasts and the like.

Any way, onto the story!

It had been three years since the Federation starships came to Earth. In the first few months they reunified Azur Lane and the Crimson Axis into one group and annihilated the Sirens.

By the end of their first year, there were no reports of Siren activity, because the Federation starships destroyed them all.

During their second year on Earth, they used the onboard factories to help rebuild a lot of what was destroyed by the Sirens.

By the third year, there was little to no Siren activity in the world. People started to relax and no longer worry about it.

The governments on the other hand, were worried. They were concerned that the Sirens would come back, and with more ships than before.

They would have no idea just how close they were.

Azur Lane Naval Base.

Location: Classified.

Time: 0800.

For the first time in forever, the Kansen of the world were all eating breakfast together and chatting with their friends.

The Federation starships could be seen talking and eating with their own friends, or in the case of a few of them, lovers.

One of them, the Everest Class Battle Carrier Bismarck or Hero, could be seen watching one of the large TVs that was blaring a commercial for some kind of skin care product.

He was soon distracted by some destroyers who greeted him as they ran to the line.

"Good morning Commander!" They shouted.

Ah yes, Commander. That was his position here. There was some debate about him having this position. Some were worried about a Kansen having the position, but the fact that he was once an AI and that he was a 150+ year old warship were the points that won many over. And just like that, he was the base commander.

He greeted them back just as a news bulletin cut through another commercial.

The headline read "Siren Attack inland!" In big bold letters. The reporter was talking about how there was an unexpected Siren attack on land! And away from any coasts!

Everyone stopped and stared in shock at the tv. They just watched as they played a video that was sent to them. The video was from an unknown man that was hiding behind a car.

It showed Eagle Union soldiers fighting an unseen force.