Destroyers & Cruisers

Now before we get into the escort fleet, let me tell you about the pic up top.

That is the symbol of the United Systems Federation and it goes on their flag and on their uniforms.(Put the Milky Way Galaxy in the center of the shield. I couldn't, for the life of me, draw it.)

Each part of the symbol represents something.

Shield: The shield represents the Federation's mission to protect the galaxy and everyone, and everything, living in it.

Sword: The sword tells others that just because the Federation's main mission is to protect, they won't hesitate to attack as well.

Galaxy: The galaxy in the center of the shield represents that the Federation protects the whole galaxy, not specific planets or systems.

Laurel: The laurel of leaves underneath the shield represents the Federation's other main mission. To be diplomatic towards other species they find.

Originally, the flag and symbol was different. Back when the USF (United Systems Federation) was the United People's Terra (UPT), the flag was a globe of the earth with two swords crossing behind it. This was back when they colonized the SOL system only.

When they finally could leave their system, they visited the neighboring system called the Lylat System (yes, I'm adding the Star Fox franchise. They will appear , maybe.) and discovered an alien species. At first there was tension between the two systems but they eventually came to an agreement and created an alliance.

It took a total of two hundred years, and multiple systems being colonized, before both sides decided to come together to form one government. From there, the UPT became the USF.

With that name change, came a redesign of the flag. It then changed into the pic up top. In the short time that this new government came to be, they encountered multiple alien races, some primitive and some at the same technological level as the Federation.

It took months, in some cases years, for the Federation to get the other species to come into the Federation. Thanks to all these species coming together and helping each other, the Federation would continue to prosper for well over 3000 years.

Within those years technology would advance to the point people could digitize objects into a sort of storage space, like in a video game, and call it out whenever they want. Ships and weapons also advanced to the point where they could have shielding and energy weapons.

Now, enough lore for now. More will be explained in the actual story from time to time.

Onto the ships! I should tell you that all ships have an AI that the commanding officer can customize to their liking. Meaning that if the Captain or Admiral wanted the ship to be given male pronunciations, then they can change the AI to male, and if they wanted to give them female pronunciations, then they could change it to female.

The AI is basically the soul of the ship. Take Cleveland for example. She would look exactly as she does in the game, she would only be a hologram stuck in the ship instead of an actual living being.

It all depends on the one in charge. A male ship can easily be changed to a female ship and a female ship can be changed to male.

Let's take you for example. You're Admiral customized you to be male, but if you are given a different commanding officer who wants to change you into a female, they could change you to look like one.

Destroyers.