22

Senior Year

So we've made it.

We're seniors! Yes, we were still Nots, yes, we were still best friends, and yes, I was still head over heels over Caiden Ross. We've been hanging out a lot, not like dates and stuff like that. He just likes to randomly show up when I'm alone and hang around, sometimes just chatting, other times just silently reading while I study. We have gotten pretty close and still, I dreamed of the day he'll ask me out and maybe be my first kiss. He would lean in, capture my lips in a simple, yet amazing kiss that would make my leg pop right out like in all the Disney movies.

"Earth to Grace. Come in, Grace." Alice snapped her fingers in front of my face, "Have you been listening to anything I've been saying the past few minutes?"

Oops, "Uh, maybe?"

She rolled her eyes, "Seriously, you need stop thinking about that boy. I said that you really need to tell me if things are getting rough in school. We've all completed senior year at least fifty times. Just say the word and we'll join you."

I shrugged, "No, I think I'll be fine. Plus, don't you think people will get suspicious if, all of a sudden, a bunch of inhumanly beautiful people start attending school? You're supposed to be older than me, remember?"

"Yes, okay." She agreed and handed me my backpack, "I got to say, puberty hit you hard. You're gorgeous! Now go and make the other girls jealous."

When I arrived at school, Jamie and Kit were already waiting for me. We shared our usual good morning hugs before taking the long walk to our lockers. However, as we walked, I noticed the looks the guys in the hall gave us, some winked, some whistled, some even walked up to talk to us. What the hell? School hunk slash captain of the basketball team, Brett Ryan, even asked for Kit's number. She gave him a fake one, of course. Kit was never one for guys. Sure, she made comments when a good looking dude passed by, but she never spoke of dating.

We spotted Cory and Mikey at their lockers and was about to head there before a familiar giant blocked our way. I looked up at Caiden who only smiled back.

"We'll give you two some space," Jamie smirked and wiggled her eyebrows.

Caiden chuckled, "Wow, now that was weird, huh?"

"Yes, it was." I tucked a curl behind my ear, "So, what's up?"

"Well, I was thinking..." He trailed off and seemed oddly nervous, "We've known each other almost a year now and I really, really like you, Grace. But I don't want to take the next step if we're both not ready. So, would you maybe consider going out with me Friday night?"

I smirked, "Like a date?"

"No- yes! Uh, maybe. It can be a date if you want it to be."

He was so adorable that I laughed out loud, "I'd love to, Caiden. It's a date."

"Great." He said in relief, "I'll pick you up at six?"

When I got back at my friends they all were smiling like cats that had cream for breakfast. Oh, I'll never hear the end of this. Caiden was right, I like him, he likes me, but we had to be sure both of our feelings were mutual before we take the next step.

Then it hit me like a truck: this was my FIRST date. Alice, SOS! 911! Emergency! What do I wear to the first date?

"Alice!" I yelled at the top of my voice the moment I arrived home.

I jumped when the whole family rushed to my side instead of just Alice like I broke an arm or something serious. Edward frowned and I knew he was struggling to resist the urge to read my thoughts. Good, I don't want him to know unless it comes out of my own mouth.