25

Prom

"Graaace..." An annoying voice broke through my dreams, "Grace, you got to wake up. Got to get ready for prom."

I grumbled and pulled the pillow over my head in an attempt to block out whoever was disturbing my slumber. Then, softly and slowly, I felt my covers being pulled down and goosebumps spread over my arms at the sudden chill. Why, oh why?

"Grace Cullen, if I have to tell you one more time to wake up and get ready, I swear on my fangs I'll allow Alice to force you up!"

That got me sitting upright with wide eyes, "I'm up! Don't let Alice in here, please."

Rosalie smiled satisfyingly and placed a tray on my lap. French toast, yoghurt and fresh coffee. Wow, prom should happen every day. While I ate, Rose fetched my dress and heels from the closet and ran the bath.

"Okay, get in." She ordered, "You can drink your coffee while taking a bath. I'm going to see if Esme needs help downstairs. You get ready."

I groaned loud enough so she could hear me from outside my room, but didn't think twice about obeying. Everyone knew what Rose was like when things don't go the way she wants them to go, and me not getting ready for prom would definitely awake that dark, scary side of her. I chilled up just thinking about it.

Even though it was still early, a girl needed at least six hours to get ready for prom, according to Alice. So I decided to go all out. I washed my hair, even used a hair mask (Renesmee bought it and I have no idea what it does), put on a facial mask, shaved my legs, and even went the extra mile and soaked in the water for fifteen minutes. And damn, did it feel good.

After the spa treatment, I wrapped a towel around my body and was about to get my dress, when I harshly bumped into something in my room that clearly wasn't there an hour ago. My heart missed several beats when seeing Demetri staring wide-eyed at me, while I was only wearing a towel. He immediately turned around in respect for my privacy, while I could get my heartbeat under control.

"Uh, so, I noticed you're kind of naked." He said awkwardly, "Is that intentional or...?"

"Prom." I squeaked and cleared my throat, "I mean, I'm getting ready for prom. Did you need something?"

"Uh, yes, yeah, definitely yes, affirmative." He stuttered and reached into his pocket. I watched as he pulled out a familiar blue box and handed it to me, still with his back respectfully turned of course, "You might not remember this, but I gave you this one Christmas when you were very young. Esme didn't think you'd appreciate it at that age, so she kept it safe until you're older, which is now."

I carefully took the box and opened the lid, revealing a dainty necklace with a heart dangling at the bottom. The word "aliquando" was engraved on it in very small, delicate, neat handwriting. Before I could ask what it meant, Demetri already left the room, muttering a soft apology for not knocking first. Yet again I was left to get dressed. I slipped on the dress that mom had specially made for me since nothing could match the picture I created in my head. Next were the heels and, finally, the necklace.

Aliquando. What language was that?

When it was time to do my makeup, horror struck me like lightning, "No. No. No, no, no. Alice! Rose!"

They were in my room in less than a second, along with Renesmee, Mom and Bella. The last three had to keep Demetri out since he thought I got hurt or something.

"What's wrong?" Alice asked panicky, "Please, tell me you didn't break the heels!"

"Worse." I cried, "I have a zit! A big, ugly, fat zit!"