43

As days passed and Grace had her pregnancy cycles, cravings, mood swings and more, Demetri occupied himself with giving her massages, cuddling with her and even reading to her occasionally. Even though he had no idea how to deal with pregnancy, he kind of hoped that he was slightly helping.

To think, their little creation was growing inside of her that very moment. What could he or she be doing that very moment? Were they happy? Could they feel what Grace was feeling? He often thought about his Grace as a mother to a gorgeous boy and girl. Secretly, he always wanted a girl. He could imagine a life with a miniature Grace waddling around the house. But a boy was equally as good, especially if he could take him on hunting trips and teach him how to track.

Demetri also started working on the nursery. Emmett, Jasper, Jake and Edward helped, as well, and even the Volturi paid them a surprise visit. Alec and Felix happily joined their coven mate and their other family in 'Operation Nursery', while Alice, Bella, Renesmee and Jane kept Grace company. Rosalie was still obsessed over little Emmalie and refused to go anywhere without her, so the little hybrid tagged along. Carlisle and Esme mostly socialized with Aro, Marcus and Caius.

All of them were waiting patiently and a little nervously for Grace's baby to come. Carlisle wasn't the only excited grandpa-to-be though since Aro and Marcus both thought of themselves as expert grandparents for the baby. Caius politely refused, since he was the youngest (in human years) out of the three ancients. But he did propose to be an uncle.

Finally, the big day arrived. Grace was still casually flipping through TV channels on the Cullens' TV when the sharp pain shot through her back and stomach. She didn't have to scream or yell much. Carlisle and Demetri were there in an instant and supported her to Carlisle's home office.

All of the Cullens and Volturi remained outside, listening to the cries and screams, while Demetri was muttering comforting worlds to her and Carlisle encouraging her to keep pushing. After a few minutes, the shrill crying could be heard echoing throughout the house. Esme and Bella entered to clean the baby up while Grace recovered, leaving the rest still outside. What was it? Boy or girl?

Finally, the doors opened and the happy parents stepped out, with a bundle of joy wrapped in Demetri's arms. His face has never been so intrigued in all his years of living, and his eyes held every good emotion a person could think of. The way he held the baby was clear that he was already overprotective of them. Grace, on the other hand, looked flawless and healthy. She had a blood bag the moment after giving birth and was restored to her vampiric beauty.

She smiled both proudly and excitedly as she stared at both her families, "It's a boy!"

The first hybrid boy to be born. That was an honour, indeed. Demetri still hasn't looked up from his son, as if he never saw a baby in his life before.

"What's his name?" Jasper asked the question on everyone's lips.

"Alexander." She replied proudly, "Alex for short." Looking over to Demetri, Grace couldn't help loving every bit of him and their little vamp. This was the start of great new things.

It all seemed to have turned out well. Carlisle and Esme often look back at the day they have found Grace in the woods. They knew then that she'd become something wonderful one day and make a huge difference in the world. And she did, even bigger than they thought. The rest of the Cullens all had their chances with her and changed for the better, even if they already were good. The Volturi changed the most of all, discovering a caring side they didn't know they had.

Jamie and Cory got married and moved to America, so he could pursue his dream to become a musician, while Jamie became an art teacher at a private school. Mikey found a girlfriend who was just as smart as he was. Together they designed games and apps to entertain people.

And as for Grace and Demetri... They were living happily together in their house in Italy with their Alex. They often visited the Cullens, who moved back to Forks. They were thrilled to find out about Alex's gift to camouflage and blend in with any surrounding. He also looked just like his dad, which made Demetri even more proud. When Alex was a little older, they had a baby girl, who Grace named Nikita, after her beloved best friend Kit. Nikita had the wonderful ability to see a vampire's human past after looking into their eyes.

So, the tracker fell in love with the human baby and ended up starting a family with her.

And to think, it all started with a parent who didn't want their baby girl.

The End