34

2 years later

"The response of cancer to radiation is described by its radiosensitivity. Highly radiosensitive cancer cells are rapidly killed by modest doses of radiation. These include leukaemia's, most lymphomas and germ cell tumours. The majority of epithelial cancers are only moderately radiosensitive, and require a significantly higher dose of radiation to achieve a radical cure. Some types of cancer are notably radioresistant, much higher doses are required to produce a radical cure than may be safe in clinical practice."

I was interrupted from studying when extra weight dropped next to me on the couch. Goosebumps spread all over my arms and legs as two lips kissed down my neck and shoulders. One of my top's straps fell down and he didn't hesitate to remove the other one.

"You're making it impossible to study." I giggled and squirmed under his cool breath.

"That's the plan." Demetri smirked and took the medical journal from my hands, "But even the daughter of a vampire needs a break."

He caught me off guard when he snatched me up and pulled me onto his lap. Demetri's hands cupped my face and let our lips lightly graze. I couldn't take the teasing and closed the gap between us. That's exactly what he wanted and tangled his fingers in my hair. With so many emotions, neither of us held back and gave in to the passion of the kiss. Demetri's hands fell to my waist and mine tangled in his thick hair. I loved every tingle his touch sent through my body, every jolt of pleasure when his cold fingers lightly grazed over my exposed skin. The cocktail of emotions and passion quickly turned to lust as his hands slipped underneath my shirt and he bit down my lip, begging for entrance. My breath hitched as I felt his fangs growing and pulled back.

Demetri's expression changed from peaceful to anxious, knowing that he almost lost control, "Grace, I-"

"Shh." I smiled and opened my medical journal at the pink sticky note, "You know, there's a reason men prefer deeper, wetter and lustier, kisses. Men pass testosterone to their kissing partner through their saliva, a plus since the hormone raises a woman's sex drive. This effect builds up over time. It's not a one-kiss wonder."

He raised an eyebrow, "Stop learning stuff. That's not what I tried to do."

"Huh-uh, and they have found a cure for cancer." I came with a good comeback and pecked his lips, "I got to finish this last chapter."

"No you don't."

We both looked up to see Alice skipping into the room. The pixie forced us out to the family room where the reunion will take place. Basically it was all the covens Mom and Dad knew, except for the Volturi. The others still weren't comfortable being in the same room with them, so we decided to invite them for a visit later the year.

I got to meet the Egyptian coven for the first time and fell in love with Benjamin's power. To make the elements obey your every command was unbelievably cool. Tia and I kicked it off the minute Amun introduced her to me. She didn't have any special talents, that's what I liked about her. Tia was great just being herself.

Vladimir and Stefan also showed up. I haven't seen them in forever, but the story Rose told me about them when I was little, haunted me. I was almost too afraid to read with them close by, just in case I got a paper cut that will trigger their inner predator. But as I said, I haven't seen them in forever and they were also my friends. I especially loved Vladimir's dry sense of humour.

The Denali's also came. Wait, what was I saying? They always come. I swore they search for excuses to fly all the way from Alaska just to say hi. Damn, I've missed Kate and Garrett!

"Grace!" Garrett exclaimed when seeing me after so many years, "Wait, is that a grey hair I see?"

I jumped back and rushed to the mirror, "No way! You're joking, right?"