5.2

It was a week and three days later when a knock was sounded at the door of Henry's hotel room. It was the roughest week and three days that Henry had ever faced, considerably worse than the time before him and Alex were an established relationship.
    Not a word was heard from Alex at any point, not a text, not a call, not a Where are you?, nothing. And Henry had begun to come to terms with the fact that Alex was done with him. The relationship he thought would last forever was no longer.
    He received many texts from Bea about his whereabouts which told him that Alex informed her that he had left. But that was it. No June, no Nora. Why would they contact him?
    That was before the knock sounded on his door a week and three days later.
    Assuming it was just housekeeping or room service, Henry opened the door and his hand flew up to his mouth at the sight in front of him. Alex stood, eyes bloodshot—which wasn't very different from what had become the usual—his hair disheveled.
    Henry's features grew into a frown as he spoke, "Why are you here, Alex?"
    "Baby," Alex cracked, silver lining his eyes. A shiver went down Henry's body at the name. Baby. He hasn't heard that in what could easily have been over two months. Admittedly, he missed it.
    "What?"
    "Baby," Alex repeated, tears beginning to roll down his face. His next actions were what surprised Henry. Before he was able to register what happened, Alex's hands held each of Henry's cheeks as he pressed his mouth to his. Henry knew he shouldn't give in. He knew Alex didn't deserve it in the slightest. But God, he missed this.
    "My Henry," Alex cried when he pulled away, taking in Henry's face.
    "Alex," Henry whispered. "Why are you here?"
    "I'm so sorry baby, so sorry. I—I let my work get in the way of us and I shouldn't have, I never will again. And I yelled at you. I was a monster, Henry, I—" He spoke before getting down to his knees in front of Henry, grabbing his hands.
    "Please, baby, please forgive me, I know I don't deserve it but you're my forever, Henny. Please, please, please." He was full on sobbing now. And Henry would be lying if he said his heart wasn't breaking at the mere sight of it. He knew he shouldn't forgive Alex so quickly. But it's his Alex, and Alex was his person.
    "Shh, love," Henry soothed, pulling Alex up and into his arms. They stood like that for a few moments, Alex's sobs subsiding as Henry rocked the two of them slowly. After some time, Alex pulled away and took Henry's face in his hands once more.
    "Never again baby, I swear it. I will never, ever again be so horrible to you. I love you forever."
    "You are forgiven, my love. It's okay." Alex let out a breathless chuckle as did Henry, smiling for the first time in weeks. They still needed to discuss this further, they needed to talk, but for now, for now they were okay.

Story 6 is in the making! Feel free to leave comments on how you're liking the stories so far!!