7.1

When your life is public, it's always a challenge to find an escape. Everywhere you look, a flash! as a camera goes off, beep sounds a video recording, and the sound of squealing teen girls surrounds you while you just wanted to peacefully go on a Starbucks outing. Publicity and fame is the dream for most, but only because those people haven't tasted the poison that is having absolutely no privacy. Alex and Henry grew up with this way of life, and dreaded knowing that it was destined to be their children's future as well. Lucky for them however, somewhere by a secluded lake in Texas there was a small cabin filled with memories that awaited. Both good and bad times alike, this house brought the pair back to their younger days. Days where Henry would referee pool float matches between Nora and June and when Alex would wake up early just to cook a pancake line up. And that one bittersweet day where Alex realized something huge, and Henry decided to run like hell because of it. Sweet sweet relief from their daily stressors was within reach, then the annual Fox-Mountchristen-Windsor-Claremont-Diaz lake trip would commence.

"Ella, sweetie, are you all packed?" called Alex to his daughter. It was time to leave, and he was anxious to get to the airport.

"Yes, dada, but Arthur is being annoying," pouted the young girl.

"Arthur, love, stop annoying Ella and get your little butt in the car," said a smiling Henry this time.

"But- buttttt I wasn't being annoying! I was just trying to show her my new magic trick!" Arthur complained with a groan. Quickly, he whipped out a deck of cards and smoothed out a top hat from his jacket pocket. "Ooh! Ooh! D'you guys wanna see?" He exclaimed.

"In the car, my mini me," Alex responded, a smirk on his face. Arthur replied to this with nothing but a moan and the stomping of his feet as he trailed off to the car. Henry scooped up Ella and twirled her out the door and Alex followed, picking up the luggage and locking the door.

It was only a 30 minute drive to the airport, and then off they were. In the private jet, there was an air of anticipation and utter excitement that filled every word. They simply could not wait until they could visit the place that they all collectively loved. Henry and Alex sat next to each other, hands always clasped and blissful smiles on both of their faces remained the entire ride. The children chose seats next to each other, which was good for Arthur, but a bad move on Ella's part. Arthur just went on and on and on about his new found passion for magic. Ella was growing annoyed, but Arthur soon turned his entertainment purposes towards his fathers who were more than happy to watch. They found it adorable.

After the 4 and a half hour flight to Alex's hometown, they now picked up their car and drove the 45 minutes through Houston that was necessary to reach their sanctuary. With the windows and roof down on the convertible car and Party in the U.S.A. blasting on the radio, finally, they had reached their destination. Happy sighs of relief escaped from the two men as they hopped out of the car and collected their children. Home away from home Henry thinks he hears Alex say.

With the door busted open by the rambunctious kids who were already finding their designated bedrooms, Henry swipes at Alex's knee caps causing him to lose balance. He puts his arms under his shorter husband's legs and lifts him up, carrying him in that cliche married-couple-who-just-bought-their-first-home stance. And just like that, Henry hauled Alex through the door with a kiss planted swiftly on his cheek.

Part two coming soon ;)