7.3

The next morning Alex woke up at 7. Henry was still asleep, but was due to get in the shower in around a half hour, and the children slept like the dead so they were surely not up. Another unspoken tradition for the Fox-Mountchristen-Windsor-Claremont-Diaz family: on vacation, Alex creates his famous pancake line up. This had been an ongoing thing with Henry and Alex since their first time at the house, and since then it just sort of continued time and time again. He didn't mind though. In fact he actually quite enjoyed it.

And so Alex walked into the kitchen and turned on the coffee pot along with the stove. He switched on the radio as well and began to get into the good morning spirit with the lustrous sound of One Direction playing. He began bobbing his head and swaying his hips as he softly sang along, "I have loved you since we were eighteen, long before we both thought the same thing." Grabbing the spatula now, he very well sang his heart out to the next part: "TO BE LOVED AND TO BE IN LOVEEEE".

From behind him in the sweetest morning voice that dripped like honey, and flowed to Alex's ears came, "And all I can do is say that these arms were made for holding you, oh oh oh". With perfect timing and a smile clear in his voice, Henry then reached his arms around Alex from behind him, holding him in an embrace that felt like home.

"A very good morning to you, my british bandmate" said Alex with a smirk as he twisted around to give Henry a kiss. They stayed like that for a few long moments that were still too short: the music and a gaze that was held with a love that burned freely. Their prince charming entrance was interrupted however by the smell of slightly burnt pancakes.

"Shit!" exclaimed Alex, laughing while frantically reaching to flip the charred food with what was only seconds ago his microphone. "I blame you are your cursed beautiful fucking eyes."

"Who, me?" Henry replied in mock confusion, "I am sure I haven't a clue what you could be referring to. I simply came for the pancakes", he shifted his eyes to the slab of ash on a plate, "which seem to be inedible at this time." Grabbing the towel off of the oven handle, Alex swiped at Henry's ass, causing an outburst of laughter from them both.

Alex continued on with the next batch of pancakes which he would not burn, and Henry watched him from the otherside of the countertop. Soon after the last bronzed cake was flipped onto a plate, Ella and Arthur strolled into the kitchen.

Suspiciously eying the lump on the counter that had been from the first batch, Arthur asked, "Am I going to have to tell Grandpa Oscar that you've forgotten how to cook, Daddy?" Alex shot his son a faux-death stare and a cocked eyebrow as Ella picked up a pancake with her bare hands and began to munch on it. The two men both collectively thought of how gravely the Queen would disapprove of their life, how wrong she'd think it was. Which let them both know that they were doing something very right. God save the Queen. 

300 READS. WOW. THANK YOU BEYOND WORDS.