7.2

After Alex had been overcome with boyish giggles and Henry chuckled at the most perfect reaction that he could have received, the two of them plopped down on the couch. Their laughter turned into breathless gasps for air as their lips connected and locked. They laid there, hungrily grasping for each other as if these were their final moments. Neither of them knew how long they'd stayed there, but all they knew was that they'd stay frozen in this moment forever and could die happy if that were the case.
Eventually, their kisses turned slow and lazy, and they reluctantly gave in to the weariness that came along with air travel. They fell asleep on that very same couch as they had always slept: Henry's shoulder over Alex's, Henry's face nuzzled into the crook of Alex's neck, and with no space on either of them untouched by the other. They were however, woken up around 5 p.m. by their animate alarm clocks, AKA their children. Ella came in whining about wanting to go for a swim with Arthur following not far behind asking for something to eat. Both men wiping the sleep from their eyes looked at each other with a knowing glance. This is what life is meant to be for us they seemed to say without words.
    "Put on your swimsuits then and we'll go to the river, my younglings" said Alex, joy clear on his face.
    And so they did.
    Alex watched from the barbeque just near the dock as Henry splashed water at his children, his humorous jeering filled the sweet honeysuckle air. He couldn't help the upturning of his own lips as he watched Ella, as tiny as she was, attempt to dunk Henry underwater. A real and booming laugh escaped him as he watched Ella and Arthur team up and successfully plunge him underwater. They were a painting of perfection with that of the cherry blossom sunset that enchanted the sky and the silky smooth slight waves that rolled all around them. With time to kill while the burgers cooked, Alex shouted a great "CANNONBALL!" and with a running start and a signifying splash, he landed in the water. As his head bobbed back up to the surface of the water, Henry snatched him around the torso and dragged him back under. With the pull of Henry's lips dragging his own closer, they kissed fiercely as they dropped further into the water ever so slightly, just as to let the moment last a little longer. Resurfacing with their limbs still entangled, Henry quite literally gave Alex a nuggie. Fits of howling hysterics could be heard as the married couple shared a wink and then sent waves of water towards the children, who had the same idea in mind.
    The lake danced with the light of the disappearing sun and fireflies became visible as the family climbed onto the dock. Alex flipped the burgers onto four plates along with curly fries (as per Arthur's request), and they sat down on the logs surrounding the campfire which flickered with colors of warmth. Ella began the tellings of scary stories that she'd learned from her Girl Scout troop as Arthur flicked through his deck of cards.
    "...And they were never heard from again after that night. Never. Ever." Told the enthusiastic girl, "The end!"
    "That can't actually be the end Ella! It can't be! So what happened to the big monster afterwards? He disappeared with them? No way. That can't be true. Nuh-uh. No way Jose" Inquired Arthur, who'd placed down his cards. He'd been checking over his shoulders left and right throughout his sister's entire story, clearly scared.
    "Yup. Some say the monster still visits this very lake in search of older brothers to go after next.." she taunted, and as a shiver ran through Arthur, Alex and Henry chuckled slightly.
    "Now now, Ella my love. I think it's best you stop before your brother decides he won't come back here next time in fear of a big bad monster," mocked Henry. "There's nothing that will take you from us - either of you for that matter. Don't worry. "
------------
After the meal was finished and a few rounds of terribly offkey songs by David Bowie were sung, they all went inside and decidedly to bed. Arthur and Ella were safely tucked in and warm, and finally fell asleep after many more reassurances that a beast by the name of Terrence was not going to steal them away. Although it was still relatively early, Henry and Alex decided to go to bed too. They were exhausted from the long day of travel and fun, and figured they should take advantage of their minimal hours alone.
They'd been lying there for an hour after they said their goodnights to each other and shared a long and lingering kiss that sent lively chills through the both of them. They were tired, but still were ever the same, incapable of sleep.
"H, baby, you still alive?"
"Mhm" softly grumbled Henry. God did Alex love his sleepy voice. "I am if you are, love."
"Let's go to the river", Alex said, half questioning half demanding.
And so they got up and walked out of the cabin, hand in hand, picking up speed in the wind as they began to run. They ran carefree and happily. Henry twirled Alex around in loops as the bliss that was freedom evidently showed in the twinkling irises of their eyes. Reaching the river, Alex began to take off this clothing, and Henry followed his lead by doing the same thing. The moonlight danced over the chiseled bodies of the equally beautiful men as their physiques blended into the water with a synchronized dive.

Let us know in the comments how you guys are liking this story so far!! Part three coming soon!