final words

i started writing taolg towards the end of 2020, not long after i started writing kareem's story - The Art of Falling For You. after taking many breaks from writing, i kept finding myself naturally drifting back to this story until i finally finished writing the first drafts in july 2022.

i'd never planned to write kezziah's story and, if you read taoffy, you'd know that this entire series started off with the third -and final- book in mind. kareem and kezziah's story were never meant to happen but as I started writing, naturally my mind conjured up so many storylines that i couldn't contain.

kezziah represented so many things in this series and to me as a writer. she was bold, brazen in a way that could never be replicated, and dangerously stubborn. writing her thoughts and some of her actions had me literally screaming at my screen as i wrote, frustrated with the character i was creating and wanting to make it easier for them.

life isn't easy. unfortunately. kezziah was written based on reality. she was problematic at times, and stubbornly frustrating. she got hurt, and she hurt people, even unintentionally. but she learned. she grew and evolved and she fought for her happiness, and found it in the most unlikely of places.

i hope you've learned something from this book. i hope you've learned to love unapologetically. i hope you love yourself as relentlessly as you deserve, and you never settle for less than the very best.

kezziah murad nee lewis, thank you for everything you are. thank you for teaching me so much about myself.

nico, my gentle soul, never change.

if you haven't already read kareem's story, it's available on my profile as 'The Art of Falling For You'. it's told by saint's perspective and if you love hendrix as much as i do, i can assure you that there will be a lot of her.

thank you for following kezziah's journey. your support is beyond price to me. i hope you find your happiness. if there's something to take away from this book, it's that if you have something good in your life, never let go.

all my love,

A x