20

Harley's POV

"Please, follow me into the house." Huncho stuck his hand and gestured towards the house's large wooden double doors. "I'm so glad we could meet today, Mr. Boyd. I admire your work." Huncho cheesed. He moved so he was walking closely next to me. So close I could smell the booze on his breath and our arms kept touching. As Pedro said the amount of security he had was ridiculous not to mention they all had AK 47s strapped to their backs. I could tell that even Sir was surprised by his bluntness. His Adam's apple bobbed up and down while his eyes stayed looking forward. Abruptly he offered me a small smile before wrapping his swole arm around my waist and moving me closer into side. My eyes lingered on his face a little longer than necessary. He made a quick recovery, turning his frown to a large grin. My heart sped up a little at the sight. On the ride over here, my heart was practically in my throat. As much as I wanted to be pissed at Sir, all I could think about was not fucking up this whole operation. All I could think about was helping him. It seemed like Sir had a lot more faith in me than I did in myself. Which doesn't make much since I volunteered for this role.

"Thank you kindly." Sir purred. I had no idea what "work" Huncho was talking about but I smiled like I did.

"I cannot be more thankful that you entrusted me with such an important task." He continued the ass-kissing. If he only knew.

"Please. My friends spoke highly of you. It was only natural I came to you." Sir nodded.

"I'm glad. I'm sure I can meet all of your needs today." He flashed me a devious smile. His eyes stayed on mine for a while revealing a mischievous glint in his eye. "How about a tour of the place before we head to my office to talk business. I would love to show you the courtyard." his eyes only on me.

"Yes. Sure. That would be lovely." I nodded. He responded with a satisfied smile and a curt nod. The anxious stomach pain I've had the past 5 minutes had only grown stronger. The last thing I wanted to do was walk all around this place.

"Through these doors is our marvelous foyer." We filed through the door. Huncho first and us following behind him. His hand shot up motioning around him. There was a large crystal chandelier hung on the tall concrete ceiling. Fake foliage surrounded the entire room along with random vintage-looking chairs. The floors and walls were all overwhelmingly beige. The walls had large Victorian-style columns made into them.

"It's beautiful." I gawked "You have amazing taste." This place was obviously designed by a man. I guess Sir was the exception since he designed his estate to perfection.

"Yes, I must admit this place looks grand," Sir added. He wasn't the least bit impressed. In fact, I know for a fact he was dreading this entire tour idea. It's not like I could've refused Huncho's offer.

"You're both too kind." He looked at me even though he was addressing both of us. "Next we have the living room." He moved his little legs rapidly. Unlike at the estate, there was only one narrow wooden stairway leading upstairs. The place was overall poorly light and underwhelming. The decor was scarce, only obnoxiously large statues in corners of the room."Lastly the courtyard." He showed all his shiny veneers and pointed towards a couple tall glass sliding doors.

Long green ivy vines surrounded the entire courtyard. Every side of the square courtyard had hallways full of rooms. Each corner of the yard had large droopy trees and floors of moss and stone. I couldn't hide my genuine shocked feelings. My mouth cracked in astonishment. In the center of it all was massive gold buddha.

"Are you Buddhist?" I couldn't help but ask.

"Ah, you're familiar with Buddhism," he stalked towards me with a creepy smile. "Smart and beautiful," I chuckled awkwardly, my eyes still on the sizable object.