31

Xander's POV

"I don't understand why we had to go to Vegas just to see this guy," Henry whined.

"He doesn't leave the state. He's borderline agoraphobic." Ralph answered him.

"Then how can he be a P.I?" Henry asked.

"Enough with the questions, Henry," I interrupted.

"Just one last one," Henry said.

"What." I rolled my eyes.

"How do we know Daniel isn't at the police station right now. It's been days since we met him."

"Because he is still too busy fucking escorts and spending money that doesn't belong to him," I muttered. After we met with Daniel, I immediately went to my stash houses to move my products to new, unknown facilities. I switched out all the men working in the facilities so no one could be traced back to a specific place. All the weaponry is being moved out of the estate as we speak. Whatever Daniel is doing is no concern to me anymore. He said what he said and did what he did; now, my only objective is fucking his world up. We met with one of Ralph's close associates--Caesar--who happens to be a very illegal- private investigator. Daniel got on a plane to Vegas after leaving our meeting and was hitting up every casino on the strip trying to earn some fast cash. Benny called me the next day and told me Daniel tried to contact him so that he can buy some more products. Of course, Benny declined, which only drove that bastard into a temper tantrum as childish as him. Shortly after, he found himself performing lewd acts with multiple escorts; Caesar caught it all on camera. The past three days we've spent surveying his repetitive, dull activities.

"Who would've thought Daniel was into butt stuff," Felipe said, examining the photos we'd just received from Caesar. "Look at the size of this butt plug, for fucks sake." He pushed the photo in front of my face. The photo was of a slim blonde girl handing the object to Daniel with a smile on both of their faces.

"Put those away; I'm so tired of looking at that fuckers face." I pushed his hand away, and he complied and put them back into the sealed folder.

"The jets ready, boss," Ralph called from the front seat of the car. He had his phone pressed up against his ear.

"Good. Call the driver; when we land, we are going to my father's estate." I nodded to him.

"It'll be good to see Tio after a while," Ralph said.

"This won't be a family reunion," I muttered, exiting the car.

----------------------------------

"-the fuck is going on here," Ralph dragged on as the driver pulled into my father's long circle driveway. People infested the entirety of the driveway, yard, and back yard—individuals filed in and out of the house. Small humans ran around everywhere, dropping snacks from the buffet table in the grass and spilling juice on themselves. Girls and boys chased each other like a cat chasing a dog. Pregnant women chatter amongst themselves, and fathers patted each other on the back harshly and let out a hearty laughter. I spotted my father hunched over, conversing with an associate of his. My chest instantly tightened when his eyes shifted to us and landed on me. His eyes instantly narrowed, and his forehead frowned.

"Looks like hell." Henry cringed. "Why are there gremlins running around jefe's house?" his face twisted as he stared down the small children.

My father continued his conversation half-heartedly, not taking his eyes off of us. He's pissed. I could see the fire in his eyes. It's the exact look I make when I'm angry. This was inevitable. I know he heard about huncho's death and the beef with Daniel. He was giving me time to fix everything--a headstart. He most likely knows everything about Harley, too, now. Who knows what's in store for me right now.