02

Xander POV

Xander POV

"Boss, the girl, is here," Henry said, entering my office.

"I'm coming now," I said, signing some lengthy shipment contracts with a new carrier since our last one was a lying prick. 

"You sure about this, boss? This girl doesn't seem to know anything about us." Henry scratched the back of his head and scrunched his face. 

"She's pretending. She knows how to act just as well as her cunt of a father." I breathed and pushed away from the desk. "Everyone knows us." I brushed off my suit jacket effortlessly and walked out with Henry trailing behind me. 

Riot cartel is the biggest gang in New Mexico. We are the largest drug distributor in the state. Everyone who has common sense knows this and also knows not to cross us. My father, Victor Sanchez, is the head, and I'm the successor. Although he loves to remind me that he is in charge, I run the majority of the business. Everything goes through me, or it doesn't happen.

"Which room?" I asked as I made my way towards the disease-ridden basement.

"The first one to the left, sir. She gave them a little trouble, so they got physical, but she is fine," Henry relayed to me as we walked down the basement steps and to the hallway that had rooms branching off to both sides. This is where the majority of our prisoners were kept and interrogated. I only come here to finish a job off, but this was a unique situation. This girl was not dead just yet.

"Clear out the area. Only Henry and Felipe stay." I said to the room full of people as I rolled up my sleeves and walked towards the room. I couldn't trust just anyone with this. There were eyes and ears everywhere, and I only had a handful of people within my gang worthy of such trust. Henry and Felipe were my best men and my closest friends, along with my four blood cousins. They're the only ones I trust with my life. Someone could be easily swayed by money since, after all, money equals power.

"Open the door," I said to Henry once everyone had left.

"Yes, sir," Henry said, opening the door to the room. Once the door swung open, I was met with a girl. She was short and petite. She was wearing a large hoodie in an attempt to cover her large breast and faded jeans that looked fit for a homeless person. Despite all that, she was beautiful. Her hair was long and wavy; it flowed over her shoulders. I watched her as she moved her eyes up and down my body making me unintentionally smirk. Nonetheless, this wasn't the girl.

Anger slowly rose in me as I looked at the girl before me. She wasn't the girl we needed. They took the wrong girl. I went up to her in a swift move and grabbed her chin in my hand, making her eyes almost immediately fill up with tears.  Her lips quivered, and her body shook softly in fear as I examined her face. Her skin was so pristine and smooth like a doll, yet her eyes showed nothing with exhaustion and sorrow. This was definitely not the girl.

I opened my mouth to speak, but before I did, tears had already spilled out her big brown eyes and down her cheek and eventually came in contact with my hand. Her tears were so hot as they glided against my thumb. Unthinkingly, I almost moved to brush the tears away, but I quickly stopped myself. I felt Henry and Felipe's presence behind me, which snapped me further out of the trance I was in.