42

^I wanna be yours, Artic Monkeys

⚠️Mature Content below⚠️

Harley's POV

I've been getting a lot of those pounding headaches. The kind that mainly causes you nausea after a while. However, this pain was unmatched. The pain was drilling into my head constantly. The image of a powerful witch digging her long fingernail into my brain filled my thoughts.

However, it was dark. Everything was dark. I could feel my body and move my limbs, but it was dark. I felt trapped inside my own body. I spoke out loud, but no one answered. My throat felt dry and hoarse. A ball of pain was pressed against the roof of my mouth. Where was I? It hurt to think, but I needed to know what happened. The last thing I remembered was hearing heavy shoes smacking against the floor at Avery's house. No one's face came into view.

I waited for him. Did he come? Where was I right now? Where was he?

Those questions echoed in my head for a while until my voice dispersed, and all noise seized to exist. After that, the only thing I could hear was the constant sound of my brain pounded against my skull.

My skin felt like it was melting off. It was so hot. Humidity trapped me in a capsule of heat. My limbs were beginning to perspire. I had to get out of here. I had to wake up. I was feeling more and more trapped by the second. Wake up, Harley. Wake up. Get up!

Voices chanted for me eagerly.

"I can't do it," I replied. The heat was starting to eat me alive. I had to try harder.

Suddenly a dark velvety voice spoke.

Wake up, Princesa

That deliciously bone-chilling voice that I missed. Xander was waiting for me to wake up.

You can do it, Princesa. I know you can.

I can do it. That's what I needed.

I need you, Harley. Wake up.

I had to get up right now. I had to keep trying until it happened. Xander needed me, and I needed him.

"She's waking up." Another voice spoke, but I heard it outside my body. I didn't hear the voice inside me anymore. "Push 2 mg of morphine-" the voice spoke. A doctor. It was a so doctor talking. I must be in a hospital. I can hear the peeping of the machines now. Soon enough, I could see. My lids fluttered open, hitting the bottom of my eyebrow. My eyes burned for a moment as they adjusted to the harsh light of the room. The curtains on the large panel window were drawn, making it harder for me to adapt. Unexpectedly, I hissed in discomfort. The room was a pasty tan color; the furniture complimented the awful color well. My body was wrapped in a white knitted blanket.

"Nice to see you awake, Mrs. Sanchez." That monotone voice said again. I moved my eyes until they finally fell on to the owner of the voice. He was a tall man in his late 50s; his coffee-stained teeth showed through his smile, and his hands carefully clenched a clipboard.

"I-it's Harley." I heard myself say. My throat was drier than a desert. It felt like claws were scraping against the walls of my windpipe.

"Yes, well, Harley." He chuckled humorlessly at my response. "Glad to see you up and responsive it's a wonderful sight-" he said enthusiastically, but I didn't hear anything he said.

"Where is Xander?" I asked. Fuck, they don't know his name. "W-where is-"

"Oh, Mr. Sanchez?" He interrupted.