28

Xander's POV

I kissed her. I fucking kissed her. I didn't mean to, nor did I plan on it, but I'm so damn glad I did. I've never felt something so perfect. The second my lips grazed hers; I wanted to pull her on top of me and fuck her right there. The way she moved her mouth against mine sent my dick is a mind-bending frenzy. She was shy and soft against my lips, even when I was rough. I couldn't get enough. She tasted like sweet nectar, and I just wanted to keep tasting. I didn't want it to end. However, I knew she wasn't ready, and more importantly, I knew she was hurt. I knew if I didn't stop and get away from her at that moment, I'd never leave. I'd grab her and carry her right to my bedroom and stay by her forever. However, after feeling her against me like that and hearing her distresses, it made me want to run faster to meet Daniel. My urge to kill him grew stronger.

I didn't realize she was so torn up about what that bitch Tessa said. Normally, I'd kill Tessa just for uttering a word about me, but I knew Harley would never forgive me if I did that. She needed the closure, and I wasn't giving it to her. I felt like the biggest dick in the world. My feelings for Harley began when I first saw her but have only gotten more intense. Being the man I am and doing the line of work I do, I'm not the right man for her. Hell, I've been lying to her from the beginning, and I still haven't had the balls to tell her I made everything up. It'll crush her, and I know that. I've been trying to push her away for my own selfish reasons, but it hasn't been effective at all.

I left her standing there. Crying. I sighed out and rubbed my hand over my face. "Boss, which way should we take?" Felipe called from the driver's seat.

"Take the public route. Make a show of it." I said and pulled out my phone. I hated coming to the city. It was loud, and there were enough phony bastards to go around. People who act like they are hard because they sell a couple of grams of weed. Little do people know the bitches they buy from report to me. Since I'm meeting Daniel, and he openly threatened me over the phone, he was going to see who will be steering this conversation. Let the city see my presence so they can raise havoc.

"You sure? People get a whiff you're around; it'll raise hell. Police will be everywhere." Felipe said.

"That's the plan," I muttered and looked out the heavily tinted windows of the large Cadillac SUV we were in.

"What did Daniel say to get you to agree to this meet-up?" Henry asked. "I never thought you'd do this." He shrugged, then pulled out a cigarette and sparked it up.

"Crack the window, you idiot." I sneered at him and rolled his eyes, and complied.

"So you going to tell us or what?" Ralph asked from the passengers' seat. My eyes moved to him, then back to Henry. They looked at me like I was a teacher about to tell do storytime. Fucking idiots.

"He said he wanted me to return Harley," I said casually. It's not like they won't find out in the next 30 minutes; I might as well tell them now.

"What?" Ralph said.

"Wait. Really?" Henry's eyes widened. I rolled my eyes at him and exhaled a deep breath.

"Yes. He said he'd pay my money back If I returned her to her regular life." My heart was speeding up just talking about it.

"You're going to do it?" Henry asked softly. His forehead frowned deeply, and he winced like someone just hit him. Ralph stared at me, too, waiting for my response. I even caught Felipe shaking his leg anxiously as he drove and looking at me through the mirror.

"No," I answered, then turned my head to look out the window. We were passing by the city now. The skyscrapers bounced off the car, and the city lights dancing on the window. Henry physically relaxed next to me.