XXVII

"What about Mexico? Have you ever been there?" I asked Jamie as we were sat in his room. Katie had asked me to come by and pick up a coat I'd let her borrow and I ended up staying for a while.

"Yeh, a lot of times," he nodded, taking a sip of his drink.

"Spain?" I asked with wide eyes.

"Yeh," he chuckled.

"Shut up!" I exclaimed, making him and Katie laugh. They were cuddled up on the settee and I was sitting on the armchair across them.

I opened my mouth to speak but was interrupted by three knocks on the door. Katie stood up from the settee and walked over to the door.

"Al, come in," Katie smiled as soon as she opened the door. "Jamie, where did you put that paper?" she asked as Alex walked in the room.

Alex raised his hand and waved at Jamie and I with a smirk before Jamie stood up and started shuffling through his things. Alex winked at me and I rolled my eyes playfully, looking away.

"'Ere," Jamie pulled out a paper and gave it to him. At the same time, Katie pulled my cheetah-print coat out of her suitcase and handed me it.

"Thanks for lettin' me borrow it, Mon," she smiled sweetly and I nodded, wearing the coat.

"I should get going now," I walked past Alex and waved at Jamie and Katie.

"Me too," he folded the paper, putting it in his pocket. "Thanks, Jameh," he smiled and waved at them.

"I like yer coat," he commented as we walked down the corridor of the hotel.

"Thank you," I smirked and stopped in front of his room. My room was deeper in the corridor so the first one we met was Alex's.

"D'yer want to stay for a while?" he asked, leaning on his doorframe.

I agreed and watched as his smirk turned into a smile in response. His hair was still gelled back like earlier that morning and he was wearing the same clothes. 

"So where's Nick?" I wondered as I walked in the room.

"Don't know, 'onestly," he closed the door behind us.

"What a great friend you are," I replied sarcastically, turning around to face him. He was getting his black leather jacket off.

"I am aware, no need to remind me," he rolled his eyes playfully, throwing the jacket on the bed. "Need a drink or summat, darlin'?" he walked over to a mini fridge placed next to the bathroom door.

"What do you have?" I asked, moving closer to him.

"Erm, take a look for yerself," he scratched the back of his neck, getting out of the way so I could pick out a drink.

"Eh, I'll just have a water," I shrugged and grabbed a bottle of water as I made my way to the balcony. Alex followed me and we sat down on the pair of chairs and table.

"When are you playing?" I asked as I opened my bottle.

"At 9, I think," he took his pack of Malboros out of his pocket.

"Are you allowed visitors?" I raised my eyebrow and leant back on my chair, placing my legs on the top of the black railing.

"Nah," he shook his head.  "But for yer, we might make an exception," he winked and took a cigarette out of his pocket. He offered me one but I shook my head, wanting to enjoy my water.

"Well, I'm glad then. I'd love to see you guys live again," I admitted, taking a sip of my water. He chuckled deeply and made me break into a wide grin.

"I'm always 'aving fun when you're around," he admitted, looking away from me and into the setting sun.

My heart skipped a beat and a shiver ran down my spine. "Me too," I admitted quietly.

He turned and looked at me with a smile. We kept eye contact for a while as neither of us wanted the moment to be over. We both wanted to stay in front of the setting sun on that specific February evening, looking into each other's eyes and getting lost in the paradise they offered us.

"Alreyt," he broke the moment as he stood up from his seat. "Matt told me to be at the venue at 6 for sound check," he put out his cigarette and looked at me again. "C'mon," he almost whispered as a smirk formed on his lips.

Alex's POV:

She scoffed with a smile, shaking her head, and followed me outside the room. We made our way through the corridors and got in the elevator. As we reached the ground floor, we faced the blonde receptionist who stopped cleaning her desk and smiled at me with her straight white teeth.

"Good evening, Mr. Turner," she ignored Monica standing next to me. I just smiled and nodded, making my way outside with Monica.

"'Mr. Turner'?" she questioned laughing and started walking ahead of me.

"You've called me that before," I pointed out defensively as I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Yes," she laughed. "Ironically. She was flirting," she turned around and started walking backwards.

"So you weren't flirting," I squinted my eyes with a smirk and watched her roll her eyes. 

"Watch out for the-" I warned her as she approached a rubbish bin, but she had already stumbled over. Luckily, I caught her on time before she met the ground.

"Be more careful next time, love," I smirked and pushed her up. Her left hand was on her chest and the other one was holding mine. 

"Thanks," she mumbled defeated and started walking next to me, letting go of my hand. 

I wrapped my left arm around her shoulders and she slid her arm underneath my coat and around my waist, pulling me closer to her. I smiled at myself and caught her doing the same from the corner of my eye.