XLIX

After the usual awkward small talk, our conversation seemed to flow way better once we got out and sat on the high stools of the bar along the wall. We changed topics like t-shirts, as if nothing had occured between us, and it was January again, in my flat or his.

"So, yeh, Stellar fired the tour manager, and then we had to search for a new one," he nodded. "Absoloute death that was, Stellar liked no one," he added with a chuckle.

"Oh I can picture that, definitely," I widened my eyes, nodding as a laugh escaped his lips. "Has he stayed the same?" I questioned, already aware of the answer I'd receive.

"Well, he's kind of calmed down a bit, honestly," he admitted with a laugh, making me widen my eyes in surprise. "Yeh, I know, I was creeped out at the start too," he nodded, still laughing. "But he still remains a pain in the fuckin' arse," he shook his head before his phone started ringing.

"Speaking of the devil," he muttered, soon excusing himself to go talk to Stellar inside the kitchen while I stayed outside, sipping my coffee in peace, before my own phone buzzed.

From Coralie to Me at 12.59pm;
Still at Alex's?

From Me to Coralie at 1.00pm;
Yeah.

From Coralie to Me at 1.00pm;
Is it awkward?

From Me to Coralie at 1.00pm;
No, not really, to be honest.

From Coralie to Me at 1.00pm;
I'll let you to it. We'll talk later xx.

And that was the last message I got to read before he came back outside, mumbling a 'sorry'. I got worried he'd start telling me he would have to go, but instead, he kept our conversation going, happily and excitedly.

"Stellar invited us to a last outing before the release party tomorrow," he stated right after our conversation had finished. "You could come along, if you'd like..." he suggested, a bit hesitant as he spoke, seeing as he'd started tensing up a bit.

"Sure, if I'm not bothering," I shrugged, receiving assurance from him that I wasn't. "Will it be like a drink at a bar or something?" I questioned.

"Yeah, summat like that," he shrugged. "We'll go 'ave a drink for the release, but before the release, y'know," he added, and I nodded with a smile.

-

He'd texted me saying he was waiting in front of the hotel, saving me from the torture of having to find a taxi on a Saturday night. I rushingly looked around my room, already being late for ten minutes or more. Time was never really my strength, I admit. I swung my jacket over my shoulders, sliding my arms inside the sleeves as I exited my room, holding onto my things while struggling to lock my room door.

Luckily, I was able to get downstairs only being late for thirteen minutes, which could be written on my grave as a record time.

My eyes met the hypnotizing sight of him, already staring at me as he was stood with one hand in his jean pocket, and the other now putting out a cigarette against a street light and throwing it into the rubbish bin right after. His hair slicked back, as usual, a single curl decorated his forehead as it fell elegantly in front of it. A white undershirt with three buttons undone, followed by his leather jacket that I was now completely familiar with, and a pair of jeans.

"Is that too many buttons unbuttoned for yer?" he raised an eyebrow as he caught me staring at him as I neared him and his car.

"Nah, I think I'll be fine," I replied sarcastically, a small smirk hanging from my lips. "You look great," I added, more serious this time, the same smirk on my lips however.

"You look even better, love," he spoke softly, getting out of the way to open the car door for me. I rolled my eyes and snickered, earning a teasing smile from him as I entered the passenger's side.

The radio was playing softly inside the car, a silent Doors tune flew inside the car discreetly as I waited for him to walk around the car and get inside the driver's seat. We briefly made eye contact, smiling at each other, before he started the engine and the hotel was soon out of sight.

"I heard Do I Wanna Know somehwere on the radio today," I started, my voice coming off raspy, but in the process clearing up after I'd cleared my throat. 

"I know I should had asked you before releasing, or even recordin' it," he rushed, taking brief looks over at me. "I just thought since we didn't talk, it wouldn't matter," he added, more low this time while he avoided eye contact with ease.

"No, it's all right, don't worry," I reassured, looking out my window as well. "I'd told you I didn't want any credit for it anyway," I shrugged. "After all, it was all your work, I just helped a bit here and there," I turned my head again, admiring his side profile as the street lights lit it up from the other side.

"You helped on the whole album, darlin', not just one song," he breathed out a laugh, as if he was murmuring to himself, but I heard him.

"What do you mean?" I questioned, furrowing my eyebrows.

"Nothin', love, you'll see," he smirked, taking a look at me once the car had come to a stop from a red light.

Alex's POV:

"Took yer long enough!" Nick exclaimed, shooting up from his seat to hug her as we walked towards the back booth, the one we usually occupied. She entered his embrace, smiling widely as he strated rocking her from side to side.

"Good evenin' to you too, Nicholas," I teased, earning an eye roll from him as he pulled away and showed Monica her seat, between the second empty one and Jamie's. They all greeted us with wide smiles on their faces before Stellar popped out from behind us.

"Ah, I see you brought company," he sighed, looking at Monica sat beside Jamie. "I won't lie, I remembered you more annoying that you project, nice to see you again," he stretched out his hand for her to shake, taking Monica by surprise, who was now staring at him, eyebrows risen as she gazed around the table.

"Nice to see you again, too," she forced a smile as she looked at him sitting on the additional stools set on the outer side of the booth, beside Miles.

"What are you two getting?" Breana questioned, talking over the loud music, her herself already having drunk a few.

"A round of shots for everyone?" I suggested, looking around the table. 

"I'll go get 'em," Katie announced. "Mon, Brea, come with me?" she smiled sweetly at her, and she nodded, standing up and following her to the bar.

"Why's Kelly not 'ere?" Matt questioned, looking at Nick beside him.

"She had a family thing, she'll be back tomorrow mornin' for the release," he explained, and we nodded.

"Ah, the release!" Stellar exclaimed happily, taking his orange glasses off and hanging them on the hem of his silver undershirt. "I'm extremely proud of you four, very happy with the result of AM," he smiled sincere, making us look at each other in confusion. "I know I don't say this enough, or whatever, but I really am happy for all you've achieved," he smiled drunkenly.

"Well, this is new," Nick muttered from beside me.

"Thank you, Stellar," Matt smiled widely at him, nodding. 

"I know I might be harsh and shit at times so this is certainly new for you all, but you can spend tomorrow however you desire. I won't call, I won't bother, do whatever you want," he flashed another smile. "But you do have a show at ten, so you'll have to be at the venue at nine."

"Wow," I laughed in amusement, gazing at the other shocked three men. "Thank you, Stellar," I nodded, making the other two mumble their own 'thank you's too.

"We've got the shots!" Katie announced, her short figure leading the other two taller ones behind her.