Chapter 14

***Tamara***

'Hold it there. ' I untangled myself from the black cotton sheets, muttering curses at no one in particular. Somehow during the steamy session my legs had been caught up in between the messy beddings.

After untangling my legs, I swung them over the edge of the bed, planting my feet on the comforter that had fallen off during our mating. The jacquard comforter set was fully black, with visible two tone rectangular patterns. Its feel on my feet was exquisitely velvety. Had I not been mad at the moment, I would have taken my time to feel on the material.

'Tamara. '

'Give me a minute. ' I picked up the material and put it back on the bed messily. I needed to think properly, without his emotions running through our bond distracting me.

I paced on the long fluffy rug area, making it possible for me to avoid the long runs of the soft hued wide plank hardwood flooring. My eyes took in the whole bedroom taking note of how the place boldly screamed out masculinity.

The walls were painted with black matte paint, contrasting with the white painted ceilings. A large window stood across from the foot of the bed, with sheer curtains hanging loosely framing the window perfectly.

Three black and white moon art prints decorated the space above the grey head board. I couldn't help but find his decor quite appealing, especially since it was dark but inviting at the same time. I observed a black and white shelving, with a long frame matching lamp beside the bed.

The feeble attempt to distract my repetitive thoughts however proved futile. It couldn't stop my mind from running a thousand miles, trying to possibly digest the Alpha's words.

Murdered

The word took charge of my uneasy rousing thoughts, flashing repeatedly in my mind. My mates' emotions made their presence known too through our newly confirmed bond.

Why had he kept it from me for this long?

'Your mother begged us Tamara, she made us promise not to tell you until the right time. ' He stood from the bed, draping a bed sheet on my nude body.

'I can't have a proper conversation with your delectable body fully exposed to our ravenous eyes. '

'Neither can I. ' I shamefully muttered, hoping that he hadn't caught on my utterance.

'You do know that I am a werewolf, an Alpha at that. ' Of course he had heard my muttering.

'I can also hear you thoughts. ' He added mockingly, pulling on his previously discarded boxer briefs over his god like body.

'Come sit. ' He held my hand, pulling me slowly towards a grey sofa that stood near the window.

'Your mother...' He paused, taking my hand into his.

'She..Uuh, she knew that she had been poisoned. ' He rubbed circles lazily on my small hand, sending sparks allover my body.

I listened in quietly, giving him space to tell me everything he knew. There was no doubt in my mind that he would table it all out for me.

'She came to me, the moment she had ingested the poison, with her journal and spare keys to your house. ' He watched me closely before continuing.

'We talked about one person only, and that was you Tamara. She put you under my watch, and I owed it to her after everything she had done for this pack. '

'Owed it to her? You let the pack mistreat me for something I have no control of. ' I shook my head unbelievingly, wondering how my mother could trust her only daughter with the Alpha.