Chapter 2

I stood by my bedroom window, watching as the sun gradually dipped below the horizon.

The heat that was brought forth by the yellow star began to ebb away, paving way for a warmth that promised a good night.

The setting sun beams of light scattered allover, leaving the sky ablaze with the fire.

The sun rays painted the sky with a mixture of red and orange. The colours blended well with my fire yellow window curtains that were neatly drawn.

Watching the sun sink deep on the horizon brought some peace in my mind. The beautiful natural sight helped me push back the horrible images my very eyes had been subjected to earlier.

Earlier that day.

I had watched as the Alpha lunged, shifting mid-air into a midnight black wolf. The four legged monster shook its fur, snarling at the man. The massive wolf went straight for the man's nose, separating it from the face.

The sudden rapid flow of blood left my insides churning. My eyes fed on the terror that unfolded, refusing to wander off.

The screams of pain and hurt from the once brave man left a light ringing in my ears. I watched as he moved his right hand where his nose had been, trying desperately to press on that particular spot.

My alpha had different plans though, he went for the very hand, cutting it off at the wrist. The bite brought Jax to his knees, watching in horror as the big werewolf threw his hand away.

He had this painful yet pleading look, and that disgusted me. He had shown the girl no mercy, no doubt in my mind that had we not intervened, he would have raped her once again and killed her. So why was he pleading for the one thing he refused to grant the poor girl?

Speaking of the girl, I briefly turned to look at her. I expected her to throw up from the amount of horror the Alpha was unleashing. Instead, her previously fearful eyes showed some twinkle. She relished in the torture of her previous tormentor. She loved how the Alpha was killing the man painfully.

Just then, my attention was brought back to the Alpha and his victim. I watched in slow motion as the Wolf's claws ripped off Jax trousers, leaving behind blood covered claw marks.

My mind refused to comprehend what was happening as Alpha Ryker's animal looked straight into the fearful eyes of the man. He then dipped his head, embedding his canines deep between the man's legs.

He bit off the man's penis.

The scream that passed between the man's lips must have been heard at the pack grounds because in no time, hundreds of pack members surrounded us.

The Alpha wolf stood tall, acknowledging his park members, looking around at his pack family. He was clearly asserting off his dominance.

He then sank his canines into the man's neck. I watched as life left the man's once black eyes. His maimed body slumped, bleeding out on the forest floor.

His loyal pack bowed before him, showing every ounce of respect they had for the man. They knew what he was capable of, it was all there for them to see.

That was a warning, a very clear one at that. Alpha wolf then looked at his beta who was amongst the crowd. He mind linked him, and then he walked off, the crowd making way for him to pass through.

Shortly, the beta carried the girl bridal style. Must have been what the Alpha was mind linking him about.

But immediately their eyes had met, a collective gasp was heard among the people. A yellow light glowed around the two, a glow that showed one thing.