Chapter 40

Half of this chapter has been revised and changed. So for those who read it yesterday before I unpublished it the content is different.

Also there might be confusion at the end of the chapter, but trust the process.

***Tamara***

'Oh no! ' My thoughts scattered allover my brain, rendering normal functioning impossible. I could feel as my heart pounded in my chest making me feel like blood was flowing and thudding in my ears. My mate's words had put my systems to a halt for a second, only for them to go overdrive after realisation dawned on me.

'No! no! no! ' I covered my ears to stop the ringing, swallowing saliva in a trial to moisten my drying throat. It felt as if my wind pipe was closing on me, forcing me to take in deep gulps of air. My chest began to pain and my hands moved from my ears to my upper abdomen.

'Tamara! Honey relax, calm down Tamara! ' I barely felt Ryker's hands as they pulled me on his chest, rubbing my tense back. His wolf tried to coax mine, helping her to loosen up. Had I not being in his arms, my body would have been shaking without control. I closed my eyes in an attempt to make the feeling go away.

'I can't, Ryker...I..C-an't. ' The words were low and forced in between coughs. I shook my head repeatedly, digging my nails into his arms enough to draw blood. 'every Luna has conceived during the mating ceremony. ' The words replayed in my conscious making me dig my nails deeper in his skin.

'It's going to be alright. ' He soothed but my wolf and I could only picture us laying on the ground with our womb missing and intestines out in the open. This wasn't supposed to happen it was totally wrong timing and it would ruin every thing for me and our pack.

'I can't be pregnant Ryker, I can't! ' I broke free from his embrace, putting my hands on my head. I paced around his office, nude and in denial of my situation.

'But you are Tamara. I don't get it, this is good news for us. We are going to be parents my mate. ' Ryker leaned on his desk, blinking and unblinking his eyes. Had he forgotten about the threat the evil wizard posed to us? This pregnancy meant war and I didn't know if I was in a state to engage in any endangering endeavours.

'Ryker what happens when Addanc gets the news? What is it that you're not getting. The man will come for me and our child plus the uterus. He swore to finish my grandmother's bloodline. I can't put my child through that Ryker. ' My dry eyes were beginning to get watery, the glands had gotten over the previous shock and normalcy had taken over.

'I will not let him come near you, I will protect you with every fibre in me. ' I stopped pacing looking at him as if he had grown a second head.

'Protect me? ' I scoffed. ' Like you protected me the last time he was here? ' A sarcastic laughter followed after.

'Tamara. ' He uttered it in a low tone, sending a side glance at me.

'What? ' I shrugged. ' You were not there when he ambushed Janette and I. Even when he dragged us along the forest, you still weren't there.'

'Because I was fucking weakened by silver! ' He face palmed.

'Exactly my point Ryker. Do you really think he will give you time or a chance to defend us? You are an alpha, you should know how enemies work. ' My wolf whined, urging me to just shut up but my adrenaline had long shot up and there was no going back.

'Tamara. ' The utterance wasn't clear, if I hadn't been gifted with a wolf, I would have struggled to make out his word.

'Please don't say things without thinking them through first. ' Calm, but his eyes wouldn't meet mine.