Chapter 49

Tamara

We had been searching for Jayson for hours, it was as if he had disappeared without a trace. No one including his mate had seen him for close to 12 hours now. Every attempt to telepathically reach out to him proved futile. Even Janette couldn't feel his emotions and neither could she get through to him.

Poor Janette, she was distraught and hysterical to a point where I had no choice but to put a sleeping spell on her. Any stress would affect the foetus and put it in danger, and I wasn't about to let it happen. 'Any luck Tyron? ' We were back at my mate's office after almost covering every corner looking for him. There were heavy showers that started in the midst of our search forcing us to retreat until they were over.

The afternoon sun had long been masked by dark thick clouds, making the sky appear low and gray. The clouds had been forming since dawn and now they were finally leaden with water. The sound of the water drops on the roof top swallowed sounds from the outside.

'Actually there is, his scent led us to the northern boundary by the boulder. ' My mate sighed, seeming lost in thoughts by the window. I could feel his impatience clouding our bond as he watched the rain drops splashing and forming holes on the ground.

'But now that it has rained, it has been washed off. I am afraid we have nothing to go by now. ' It was disheartening, we needed something, anything to pin point his where about.

'I told you about our conversation before he left...I think he might have went past the borders when he couldn't find him here. ' Ryker confirmed my fears. His friend was not the kind of person to act in anger and yet he had left without even letting his mate know. There was no way Jayson would have put Janette through all this for hours. For one she was heavily expectant and had recently reconciled with her long lost family.

'Ryker don't you see that this is weird, he should have been back by now unless...' I let the statement hung in the air, my wolf and I hoping that our thoughts weren't true.

'They actually crossed paths. ' Ryker finished the sentence, shaking his head and muttering a series of no.

'Given the possibility, we can't wait for the sky to clear up. Tyron, meet me at the northern boulder with five good warriors. ' There was no space for discussion and the tracker ran off to do as ordered. His protective alpha mode had kicked in. He was not only doing this for his friend but a member of his pack he had sworn to protect.

'Ryker you can't possibly be...' He interjected, coming closer to me.

'Listen little witch. ' He grasped my shoulders, bending such that his face was on level with mine.

'I cannot just sit and wait for Jayson to come back. This might or might not be a trap, but either way I am not sending my men out there alone. You have my dad and the rest of the pack's defence till I come back. ' I had a bad feeling about all this, I couldn't shake it off no matter how much I tried.

'What happened to keeping me safe Ryker? What if this is a distraction for Addanc to harm me in your absence? ' Paranoia, every thing felt out of place. Like a storm was coming to sweep us all, my instincts were all over. I glanced through the window at the sky and wished for it's normal blue colour. This kind of weather represented danger, acting as a distraction.

'It is not a distraction if Addanc doesn't know that Jayson went past the borders. You will have my father with you like I said. ' He argued, all drawing tears from my eyes. My wolf was whining, pleading with me to ask him not go. Even she felt this weird feeling about his departure.

'Can't you send someone else Ryker? Your warriors are well trained, they can handle themselves. Please stay with me. ' I clutched my stomach, pictures of it torn open flashing once again before my eyes. I was being selfish but wasn't I supposed to want him my by side?