Chapter 15

***Alpha Ryker***

'How far are you with the information about that paper? ' I stood at the head of the Maple live edge communal table, waiting for an answer from my appointed pack members.

There were a total of 9 heads in the sound proof meeting room, including mine. Theo, Jayson, Mateo the lead enforcer, Tyron a very good tracker and four other warriors. Their stiff postures had me questioning whether they had heard my question.

'Alpha. ' Tyron stood up, bowing slightly in avowed dutiful respect. He was a teenager gifted with a very exceptional scent tracking ability. His sense of smell and the capability to detect an extremely small difference between many smells made him the best.

'The perfume on the paper is different with that of Monica. ' He spoke in a low fearful voice. He was slightly shaking, my aura was affecting him. His wolf recognised me as his Alpha, the poor kid was in the verge of pissing on himself.

'The difference as he explained was very minute, but it was detectable to his overly sensitive nostrils. ' Jayson jumped into the aid of the poor boy.

'So basically what we are trying to say is that...'

'The perfume was intentionally sprayed on that bloodied paper. ' I cut off Jayson, already aware of what he was going to say next.

'What we are still trying to figure out is why the person would use a perfume similar to that of Monica. ' Mateo joined in.

'There must be something we are overlooking. ' My frustrations were beginning to show, I mean we had no idea what we were facing here.

'Our little mate is wise enough to solve this puzzle. ' My wolf made his presence known as well as his thoughts. I couldn't deny that he was right to some extend, however the idea was also stupid and quite careless.

'No. '

'What do you mean no! ' His exasperation on the statement was undeniably apparent.

'Do you want to endanger the life of your mate over three pieces of paper? ' The mere imagination of anything hurting his mate shut him up. He recoiled in the back of my conscious, then tucked his tail in shame.

'Alpha. ' Kyle, one of the warriors pulled me back to the matter at hand.

'There's something else. ' He paused, waiting for my permission to speak.

'There was a foul smell detected by the group patrolling along the southern creek in the wee hours. ' With a single nod, I gave him the go ahead to continue explaining.

'It was on the same day the paper was picked up. '

'They checked it up and came up with nothing. ' Jayson added, he had an habit of chiming in conversations.

I thought about the foul smell around the same place my mate found the informative paper. Something was undoubtedly similar between the odour and the paper.

'Of course there is, don't you remember the attempted breach on the border the first time I picked up the paper? My mates voice pressed on the inside of my head, startling me slightly at the sudden invasion.

'How the hell did you do that? ' My thoughts were beginning to run wild.

'Exactly how many abilities do you have, how did you know what we are discussing here? '

'Oh calm your tits Alpha. ' My little kitten teased, followed by a short sweet laughter that threatened to awaken my mini me.

'Your wolf pushed forward every single detail of your ongoing meeting.'