Chapter Eighteen

Chapter Eighteen: The Wanted Poster

This chapter is mostly just a memory. Also, kudos to my good pal _eustass for making this lovely piece of art. lol it's exactly how I imagined it. XD

----------------------------------------------

Previously

"Actually, that is my average day," you spoke, before widening your eyes in regret. Oops.

"W-What?"

"Oh, I didn't mean to say that," you spoke, laughing awkwardly a little. "Oh wait. Hey Luffy? Why didn't you call me when you got to Loguetown? Or at least try to find me?" There was a sheepish look on his face as he rubbed the back of his neck.

"Well... I lost your snail." You blinked.

"Wait, you lost my snail?" you asked Luffy with a raised brow. There was a sad and dejected look on his face as he looked away.

"Yeah... Sorry Y/n..."

"But I gave you my Vivire card," you said, very confused. There was a moment of silence that hung in the air, and Luffy's face immediately brightened up. Tears gone from his face, he sprung up.

"Oh yeah! I forgot! Shishishishi!!" Luffy laughed as he grabbed his hat off your head, rummaging through the red ribbon to pull out a slip of paper.

Wait. Vivre card? The rest of the Strawhats wondered? Did that mean that Luffy had a form of finding you this whole time besides a transponder snail?

You, sensing their confusion, plucked the paper from Luffy's hands, holding it out for them to see. To them, it was just an ordinary piece of paper with your name neatly written in the corner along with little hearts.

"Take a look. This is a Vivre card. It's a very useful tool." You held it out for Nami to take, and she did, grabbing it hesitantly, looking at the front side and the back. "It's also known as the paper of life, and is made out of a person's finger nail." She passed it to Zoro.

"Vivre cards are known as the paper of life because it shows the life force of a person. This vivre card shows my life force." Zoro reached over Sanji's outstretched hands to hand it to Usopp. Sanji scowled, snatching it from Usopp's grasp.

You could only sweat drop as Sanji gingerly held your vivre card in his hands, gazing into it as if it were the world's greatest treasure, something even greater than the One Piece (or in his case, the All Blue).

"Ah... it's not that valuable." Even so, your words did not deter the shimmer in Sanji's eyes. "Um... well, anyways, it's only people who come from the New World know how to make it so-"

"The New World?" Nami asked, eyes wide, mouth agape. "You've been to The New World?" Usopp and Zoro raised questioning eyebrows.

"What's the New World?" Usopp asked. Nami gaped at him.

"We're going to the Grandline and you don't know?!" She turned to gaze all of them, eyes lingering on Luffy who was picking his nose in boredom. "Don't you guys see how important this is? Y/n knows the Grandline, which means we're not going to die!"

"Uh... I wouldn't be too sure about that..." you muttered underneath your breath, curling yourself up into a ball as you continued to sit on the floor. You watched as Nami bent down to your level.