Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten: Smokey the Bear

-------------------------------------------

        Shanks was back at his ship, hand on his chin as he contemplated his actions. Okay, so he may have fought with a legendary beast and killed it. Well, maybe he didn't actually kill it, seeing that he and Benn were now back at the ship, slightly bruised with the dragon glaring at them in the distance. There was some strange voodoo magic going on. He was pretty sure he sliced the dragon's head right off (because he was pissed that it was stomping on his book), but the funny thing was that the dragon's head grew back and he was kicked out of the forest.

Okay, maybe it wasn't that funny because seeing the dragon's head grow back was mildly disturbing.

So now he was trying to figure out how to get past the dragon. Especially when apparently haoshoku haki didn't work.

"How long has he been sitting there?" Yasopp asked, giving Shanks a concerned glance.

"Thertiminuhs" Lucky Roux spoke muffledly as his mouth was full of meat. Yasopp shook his head, bringing out a bottle of booze.

"Oi captain! You wanna get drunk?" Shanks didn't respond as his gaze was still on the forest where they came out of. Yasopp turned towards Benn. "Benn, you should give Shanks a kiss. Maybe that'll snap him out of his daze."

Benn looked over his shoulder, before shaking his head. Shanks seemed like he wanted some time to think, especially after realizing that the dragon couldn't be killed. The dragon seemed to be conscious of his actions, stepping on the book on purpose to get a reaction out of Shanks.

But why?

His gaze fixed onto the ruined copy of The Little Princess that you had given him. Staring at it, at shimmered for a second, before the shine disappeared.

Maybe... He stole a glance at Shanks, before grabbing the book, flipping it over to where you wrote your small note. His eyes widen.

Hope you like this book Shanks!!

This is my favorite story. My grandpas always read it to me

when I was younger.

Love, Y/n.

The book was supposed to be all drenched in alcohol, but there were small clean spots on those specific letters. Look Trstoryee? No, Look Tree Story.

But what did that mean?

* * *

Smoker let out a small yawn escape his lips as he sat in his chair. He felt tired today. He wondered why. Gazing at the picture frame on his desk, there was a melancholy look in his eyes. Smoke escaped Smoker's lips as he adverted his attention to the window in his office, blinking in confusion when he saw a flash of pink falling from the sky. Narrowing his eyes, he stood up, walking towards the door. Pulling it open, he was met with a confused Tashigi, fist raised, about to knock on the door.

"Smoker-san? Where are you going?" she asked.

"I thought I saw something falling from the sky."

"Do you need me to accompany you?" He shook his head, pulling out another cigar, stuffing it in his mouth.

"No, it probably isn't that big of a deal. You should stay here incase something happens." She nodded, a serious look on her face as she took off. Smoker sighed. Walking down the hall, his subordinates struggled to quickly get out of his way, in fear that they would be scolded. Leaving the building, Smoker frowned when he saw a girl standing in front of the building, talking to someone on a Den Den Mushi.